Medical Justice caught impersonating happy patients on Yelp,

Pigeon

Medical Justice caught impersonating happy patients on Yelp,

Post by Pigeon » Fri May 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Controlling patient comments and adding in a few of their own. More less then ethical 'make a buck' for a business. Also more of the 'can you believe what you read on the 'net'.

This is the article Doctors and dentists tell patients, "all your review are belong to us" sited as background to this followup material.

Medical Justice caught impersonating happy patients on Yelp, RateMDs
by Timothy B. Lee | Published May 27, 2011 9:40 AM

Recently we reported on Medical Justice and its efforts to help its clients squelch negative patient reviews (see link above). Now evidence has emerged that MJ has also been posting positive reviews on behalf of its clients on multiple review sites.

The first to notice the trend was John Swapceinski of RateMDs.com. Between November 2010 and March 2011, six IP addresses registered to Medical Justice collectively submitted 86 ratings to his site. They reviewed a total of 38 doctors in Florida, New Jersey, California, North Carolina, Hawaii, Texas, Illinois, and seven other states. Several of them appear to be known MJ clients. At our suggestion, Yelp reviewed its logs and found that those same six IP addresses had also been responsible for numerous favorable doctor reviews on Yelp.

Link

Pana

Re: Medical Justice caught impersonating happy patients on Y

Post by Pana » Fri May 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Hah! Doesn't surprize me as this practice has been going on since the advent of the internet by Corps. I actually use the RateanMD site quite a bit to get a sense of how competent or patient friendly some of the 'experts' that I have to see are. Having a medical condition and being at the mercy of idiocy is terrifying. Out of the five medical experts that I have seen this year all of the MD ratings have been on target with what I personally experienced. That included both outstanding professionals and sloppy, ego driven personalities.

The Medical field is a closed loop. It's about time they are held accountable for their practices via the rating sites. It's too bad the reviews are being manipulated.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Kat

Re: Medical Justice caught impersonating happy patients on Y

Post by Kat » Sat May 28, 2011 8:05 am

A different organization, in case you want to escape to a parallel universe with more humanitarian ends...

http://www.medicaljustice.org.uk/
If I could get any animal it would be a dolphin. I want one bad. Me and my mom went swimming with dolphins. I was like, 'How do we get one of those?' and she was like, 'You can't get a dolphin. What are you gonna do, put it in your pool?' Miley Cyrus