Big Pharma attempting to corner the market on medical buds.

ra187

Big Pharma attempting to corner the market on medical buds.

Post by ra187 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:31 am

Those greedy bastards cannot keep their hands off of anything...
I was hoping this would not happen and that it could be left to smaller businesses and growers to manufacture and distribute.
IMO it would create more jobs and keep a lot of other people happy.
I also think that if it were to monopolized then there would still be a "black market system" for getting what one needs.

(NaturalNews) As DEA raids and IRS harassment continue on state-approved medical marijuana, Big Pharma eyes the profitability of cannabis and prepares to muscle in, using its lobbyists and government connections to ensure a monopoly on legal sales of the drug.

In early April of 2011, two drug manufacturing giants, G.W. Pharmaceuticals and Novartis, announced they had formed an alliance to license and market GW's Sativex, a liquid cannabis drug. The drug is already available in Great Britain, as well as Canada and Spain. The licensing agreement with Novartis will enable sales to expand into markets in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. FDA Phase III trials are still being organized for Otsuka, GW's partner for licensing Sativex for the US market.

Full Article
You are fully capable of deciding your own destiny. The question you face is: which path will you choose?This is something only you can decide-Sarek
Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth-Spock

SweetGrass

Re: Big Pharma attempting to corner the market on medical bu

Post by SweetGrass » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:43 am

This really does suck. In Oregon, in the several places I've lived, I've had neighbors who grew medical marijuana. These people were patients themselves, and SSD did not pay enough for all their bills. So growing medical marijuana really helped with their income.

If a person grows medical marijuana, they are a cardholder themselves, which means in some way, they are sick or disabled. Big Pharma is going to steal income from sick and disabled people who grow medical marijuana to supplement their income.
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:48 am

ra187 wrote:Those greedy bastards cannot keep their hands off of anything...
I was hoping this would not happen and that it could be left to smaller businesses and growers to manufacture and distribute.
IMO it would create more jobs and keep a lot of other people happy.
I also think that if it were to monopolized then there would still be a "black market system" for getting what one needs.

(NaturalNews) As DEA raids and IRS harassment continue on state-approved medical marijuana, Big Pharma eyes the profitability of cannabis and prepares to muscle in, using its lobbyists and government connections to ensure a monopoly on legal sales of the drug.

In early April of 2011, two drug manufacturing giants, G.W. Pharmaceuticals and Novartis, announced they had formed an alliance to license and market GW's Sativex, a liquid cannabis drug. The drug is already available in Great Britain, as well as Canada and Spain. The licensing agreement with Novartis will enable sales to expand into markets in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. FDA Phase III trials are still being organized for Otsuka, GW's partner for licensing Sativex for the US market.

Full Article

I bet they will add a bunch of unnecessary crap to it as well, like all the other big pharma drugs!

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:48 am

Everything must be owned and patented even if it's made by nature.