Psychedelic Mushrooms Improve Mental Health

Egg

Psychedelic Mushrooms Improve Mental Health

Post by Egg » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:52 pm

At the correct dosage. Where's Cog when you need him? This is right up his alley.

The psychedelic drug in magic mushrooms may have lasting medical and spiritual benefits, according to new research from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.

The mushroom-derived hallucinogen, called psilocybin, is known to trigger transformative spiritual states, but at high doses it can also result in "bad trips" marked by terror and panic. The trick is to get the dose just right, which the Johns Hopkins researchers report having accomplished.

In their study, the Hopkins scientists were able to reliably induce transcendental experiences in volunteers, which offered long-lasting psychological growth and helped people find peace in their lives — without the negative effects.

MORE HERE:
http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/16/m ... long-term/

IndicusMaximus

Re: Psychedelic Mushrooms Improve Mental Health

Post by IndicusMaximus » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:57 pm

Well I'll tell ya what? Remembering mushroom trips are always interesting. Remembering acid trips is not so much so.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they will see God.

Under the shadow of thy wings, Jehovah.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:03 pm

Yeah, I loved mushrooms once upon a time. I have an old photo somewhere that would probably make you crack up. I'll look for it.

Not surprised they can find a good use for it.

IndicusMaximus

Post by IndicusMaximus » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:23 pm

I remember the first time I did mushrooms. I was at my drummer/friend's house, and his mom had gone somewhere for the night. We bought these crazy looking shrooms from our friend who lived in the super rich asshole town a few towns away (you know, the place you go to find the people who have the best drugs). We just bought an 1/8th and split it. I just gulfed them down, but my friend was a pussy and had to eat them on a muffin. Mistake number 1: do not do mushrooms with food in your stomach (he threw up later).

Well we went wandering around his neighborhood for like two hours. He had started to trip like an hour or less after he ate them, but I was not feeling ANYTHING for almost the whole time.... until Pete decided to start running for some fucking strange reason, the orangutan bastard. I was like "shit I cannot let this tripping bastard fuck some dude's house up" because he kept trying to run up to people's doors and I kept having to call him back, but this time he just took off.... so I started to run after him, and then I realized we were on his porch. That's when I realized that everything was changing color and I was laughing hysterically. Right then.... Pete's mom pulls in the driveway.

She gets out and starts talking to us, but after every response we giggle like psychos, so she KNOWS something is up, and she's like "Andrew, what's going on?"

I just covered my face laughing and pointed at Pete. Her face was melting and I couldn't watch.

Pete was like "Fine! We smoked some weed, mom!"

So then she dragged us into the house and started yelling at us for like a half hour, and Pete was crying like a baby... but I think in the most lucid moment I've ever had on any drug, I stood up and confronted his mom in the coolest manner I've ever been in, and I said "Listen, we're okay. Pete's just really upset. He and his girlfriend are having troubles. You don't have to worry about us. You just go to bed and I'll talk to him and everything will be okay in the morning." She was like "Awww you're wonderful, my other son. Okay boys, I'll see you in the morning." All the while, her face is melting completely away into a reptilian form, and the walls and floors are turning into Aztec temple designs.

Pete was like "What the.... how'd you do that!?!?! She just stopped!"

I dunno. I can do magic things on magic drugs.

itai
Fashion Show

Post by itai » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:18 pm

I only did mushrooms a hand-full of times. I absolutely loved it. I had the movie Men In Black playing and at one point I thought my friend was talking to an alien and I remember thinking "how can you talk to an alien for that long?". But my friend wasn't even talking lol. I get the giggles pretty bad too.

although after doing them a few times I noticed that I became severely depressed the day after. I guess it is hard waking up to reality lol I vowed never to take them again because words could not express how much I hated existing. It was like I was disgusted by life entirely.. and the only thing that was keeping me from getting in my car and driving off of a bridge was the fatigue.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:22 pm

itai wrote:.. and the only thing that was keeping me from getting in my car and driving off of a bridge was the fatigue.
Laziness wins out again!!!!

Funny.

Well, I find myself paying for my high after I have it all the time now (which is always alcohol now). Too much of a good thing and I pay the next day.

itai
Fashion Show

Post by itai » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:52 pm

IndicusMaximus

Post by IndicusMaximus » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:59 pm

ADVENTURE TIME!!!!