Beef Teriyaki Anyone?

Pam
Princess Feet

Beef Teriyaki Anyone?

Post by Pam » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:28 pm

This would be scary :shock:

[yb]Radioactive meat circulating on Japanese market[/yb]

Tokyo (CNN) -- A Japanese health official downplayed the dangers Tuesday after cesium contaminated meat from six Fukushima cows was delivered to Japanese markets and probably ingested.

Goshi Hosono, state minister in charge of consumer affairs and food-safety, said he hoped to head off any overreactions.

"If we were to eat the meat everyday, then it would probably be dangerous," Hosono said at a news conference Tuesday. "But if it is consumed only in small portions, I don't think it would have any long-lasting effects on the human body."

The meat, delivered late last month, has made its way to consumers and most likely has been ingested, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government said Monday evening. This was preceded by another recent discovery of radiation in the meat of 11 cows delivered to Tokyo from the same farm.
Source and rest of the story: http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/0 ... ?hpt=hp_t2

Egg

Re: Beef Teriyaki Anyone?

Post by Egg » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:37 pm

If I remember right, when scientist were coming up with a system to measure how much radiation is acceptable for people to be exposed to they originally said none.

These fuckers will lie through their teeth to keep everyone calm.

How about they consume one radioactive fillet a week if it's no big deal.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:44 pm

Well I feel a bit better that I can't eat Japanese Food anymore, I had to pass on a lunch today and it is/was one of my most favourite foods :(

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:59 am

I recall a statement that said ingesting for far more dangerous then expose in the air.

Set

Post by Set » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:01 am

Egg wrote:If I remember right, when scientist were coming up with a system to measure how much radiation is acceptable for people to be exposed to they originally said none.

More like mumbling through gums.......for some strange reason their teeth have all fallen out!
"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong". ---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:20 am

Set wrote:
Egg wrote:If I remember right, when scientist were coming up with a system to measure how much radiation is acceptable for people to be exposed to they originally said none.

More like mumbling through gums.......for some strange reason their teeth have all fallen out!
:lol: Sad but true.

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:21 am

Pigeon wrote:I recall a statement that said ingesting for far more dangerous then expose in the air.
I think you're right.