All Members - PLEASE READ

New members should read the new member information in here.
Egg

All Members - PLEASE READ

Post by Egg » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:49 pm

Free speech is a beautiful thing. HP and I want people to have a place to voice their opinions. However, I think we have all seen what free speech can degrade into if left unchecked. Without getting all blah, blah about it, the Founding Father's vision for free speech was Political Free Speech. They did not envision a bunch of assholes just running around saying whatever they wanted wherever they wanted.

We feel the same way about this forum. At this point, we've all known each other for some time. A bunch of you have known each other before I knew any of you. Some of your fights and problems have gone on for a year or more. We ask you to turn over a new leaf. Leave past grievances in the past and try to treat each other better. We're not looking for Kumbaya, we're just looking for a place people will look forward to signing in to and discussing things.

This does not mean you can't fight or get heated about the topic. We all enjoy that sort of thing or we wouldn't be here. Just try to make the insults less personal. Please, if you know someone does not like a certain something that you say, don't say it. PLEASE. We don't want to be nursemaids. We would like to keep topics somewhat on point and not have them devolve into a name calling session. There is a forum for "Toxic Waste" If you can't help yourselves, please destroy each other there. We don't want that to be some sort of verbal gladiator arena either, but we will deal with that if necessary.

We will ban people. That would suck. We decided it is the only way to make a place like this work. Since most of you are our friends we would hate to do that. So, please, don't make us. Seriously.

Just be cool.

Please, respect what we are trying to do. HP put a hell of a lot of work into this, don't track your dirty feet through his home.

If you have any problems with anyone bring it to either my attention or HP's attention. If you know you're pushing someone's buttons just stop.

Thanks a lot,

HP
Egg

Egg

Re: All Members - PLEASE READ

Post by Egg » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:18 pm

By the way, I sent everyone a pm with this thread linked. If you haven't received it, let me know.

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Guys, please try to refrain from ad hom attacks. You don't have to like each other. I honestly don't care. Just hold off on words such as nigger and cunt that took up about 68% of amkon threads. Please. There is no need for them.

I know some of these animosities are not new. Just keep it within bounds, please.

Thanks.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:43 am

I'm putting my faith behind HP. If anyone comes here to badmouth him about this bullshit, i'm banning them. If anyone uses certain words already mentioned against anyone, I'm banning them. No ifs ands or buts.

I really don't care anymore.

This sort of shit ruined amkon and is already sinking its hooks in here.