You've been warned.

Set

Re: You've been warned.

Post by Set » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:06 am

Pana wrote:I always cried when I looked at this man:
If ever Dubya the Fundie doubted Darwin's theory of evolution all he need do was check out his Simian visage in the mirror for undeniable proof. ;)
"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong". ---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Professor Geezer

Post by Professor Geezer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:20 pm

If you carefully into the dog's face you will see an image of the blessed Virgin Marry.
A pearl is the result of victory over irritation.

SweetGrass

Post by SweetGrass » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:55 pm

Set wrote:Knowing how much I hate Jesus and his fascistic followers, don't any of youse post any images of them or anything I might imagine are religus images or fotos! :frown: Link

Only in Tennessee!
Good ol' Pentecostals. They're a delightfully lively bunch, aren't they?

I used to go to a Foursquare mega church in Oregon. My first boyfriend was going to their college to become a pastor. People there often would become slain in the Spirit during worship (the singing part). You'd see people jumping around, shaking, rolling around on the floor, dancing, hooting, hollering, speaking in Tongues and a number of other laughably distracting things. Sometimes during worship, it would get so out of hand that we couldn't hear the band playing and singing. Eventually, the pastoral team built a room right next to the sanctuary (identical to the crying room) with sound proof glass and speakers inside for the people who often felt compelled by the Holy Spirit to outwardly (and loudly) express their emotion during worship.

So, service would start out with the pastor praying and then saying a few words about the song that would begin worship service, then the band would be begin to play. At that moment, the church members who regularly became slain the Spirit would walk, run, hop, jump, roll, crawl to the "Celebrating Christ" room as they named it. LOL
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:59 pm

The Church of the Tourettes Jesus.
"But that's no more true than saying the universe is ineluctably bound to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. In the end it's all an entropic stew but in the meantime we got some serious livin' to do." Arthur Afterburn

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:00 pm

SweetGrass wrote:
Set wrote:Knowing how much I hate Jesus and his fascistic followers, don't any of youse post any images of them or anything I might imagine are religus images or fotos! :frown: Link

Only in Tennessee!

I used to go to a Foursquare mega church in Oregon. My first boyfriend was going to their college to become a pastor. People there often would become slain in the Spirit during worship (the singing part). You'd see people jumping around, shaking, rolling around on the floor, dancing, hooting, hollering, speaking in Tongues and a number of other laughably distracting things. Sometimes during worship, it would get so out of hand that we couldn't hear the band playing and singing. Eventually, the pastoral team built a room right next to the sanctuary (identical to the crying room) with sound proof glass and speakers inside for the people who often felt compelled by the Holy Spirit to outwardly (and loudly) express their emotion during worship.

So, service would start out with the pastor praying and then saying a few words about the song that would begin worship service, then the band would be begin to play. At that moment, the church members who regularly became slain the Spirit would walk, run, hop, jump, roll, crawl to the "Celebrating Christ" room as they named it. LOL
HA!!! Awesome. Just goes to show you, only join a religion if you like the side effects.
If you're not into running and jumping and yelling, don't become a pentecostal. IF you're not into demon possession and exorcisms, don't become a Catholic.

You never hear of Buddhists, Atheists, Jews or Muslims being possessed. Only people from religions that believe in possession get possessed.
Catholics don't speak in tongues - you wanna speak in tongues? Don't become a Catholic.

Pana

Post by Pana » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Set wrote:
Pana wrote:I always cried when I looked at this man:
If ever Dubya the Fundie doubted Darwin's theory of evolution all he need do was check out his Simian visage in the mirror for undeniable proof. ;)
Yes. I've always marveled at the similarity.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Pana

Post by Pana » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:45 pm

SweetGrass wrote:At that moment, the church members who regularly became slain the Spirit would walk, run, hop, jump, roll, crawl to the "Celebrating Christ" room as they named it. LOL
Kind of reminds me of the one and only time I went to a Brownie meeting when I was nine. When they started to run around this fake tree stump with a stuffed owl sitting on it...and singing songs to it, I was out of there.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Set

Post by Set » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:14 pm

SweetGrass wrote:

Only in Tennessee!

I assume the "Celebrating Christ" room had tasteful done rubber walls? :mrgreen:
"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong". ---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:26 pm

Cartoonsyndicate wrote:The Church of the Tourettes Jesus.
Nailed

Kat

Post by Kat » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:45 am

Return of the Jeezi.

Way cool droog.
If I could get any animal it would be a dolphin. I want one bad. Me and my mom went swimming with dolphins. I was like, 'How do we get one of those?' and she was like, 'You can't get a dolphin. What are you gonna do, put it in your pool?' Miley Cyrus