Kant and UFOs

Ozfactor

Re: Kant and UFOs

Post by Ozfactor » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:54 pm

TraumaT wrote:
lkwalker wrote:You don't really want to know- you want to avoid.
Just like Ufers don't want to know, you mean?

Musings and fairytales are so much more fun than actual science, actual discoveries, actual facts, actual knowledge! Yeah, let's avoid those boring facts and listen to another tall tale about underground alien bases or soul catchers or recovered alien technology...

Sigh.
My favorite quote of all times..."What does a fish know about the water in which it swims?"

For us to know anything we need to explore. Why would you deny any other universal intelligence that capability?
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:58 pm

lkwalker wrote:
Ozfactor wrote:
lkwalker wrote:
every day brings us closer to the discovery of actual alien life out there.
The wait has long been over. They are here and in our faces. You don't really want to know- you want to avoid.
Since they (aliens) are in our faces, what is it that you see? Malevolence? Inquirey? Love? Ourselves through their eyes?
A bit of searching is all that's required to uncover my ideas on the subject. I'll be arsed to repeat it in every fucking thread. Know what I mean?
No. I don't know what you mean. The one or two times we touched on this together it did not leave me with any understanding of your understanding.

I'll be arsed if I have to go over to Amkon and read through three years of BE threads. You know what I mean?
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:01 pm

"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:11 pm

I don't know that this.....
In terms of rejecting any observations our point of departure is never anything more than the primordial Solipsist entrapment. The logical extension of such an admission of pure subjectivity is not simply doubt but the necessary rejection of all independent observation per se. All of it. I suppose that's ground zero for an ideological rational skeptic but it's also a sort of intellectual nihilism. Once one takes the initial leap of faith beyond our sensory prison every actual occasion becomes the subject of consideration. To then reject any given set of observations as false is based in categorical presupposition. And, of course, all observers have their own. Some apparently observed occasions are objectively true and others false. Which are which is a matter of filtered judgment. A truly reasonable person brackets his own prejudicial inclinations in deference to an open mind.
answers my question. What is it that you see? You stated "they" were in our faces. I do recall your opinion of "they" studying us. Just yesterday in my Crop Circle thread you stated that "they" communicate above and around us to each other but see little importance in us.
Emerson

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Since they (aliens) are in our faces, what is it that you see? Malevolence? Inquirey? Love? Ourselves through their eyes?
Food dear, they like Earthling sushi.
Credo quia absurdum.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:54 pm

And now to the OP.

The Earthling tendency to look for UFOs, and their inability to find any is the very essence of Absurd.

Once the Earthlings discover this Absurdity, will they, as the old Philosopher once asked, go mad?
Credo quia absurdum.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:21 pm

All of the above and more.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Pana

Post by Pana » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:17 pm

lkwalker wrote:
All of the above and more.

Recreating the gods...again.

Pan
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus