Backyard miracles

lkwalker

Backyard miracles

Post by lkwalker » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:36 pm

I just have to tell you this. I'm sitting here in my yard smoking cigarettes and pecking out bullshit on my IPad and all of sudden a scratchy, yeply commotion breaks out in the big elm tree next to my table. It's my cat, Squeaky, rushing madly up the trunk chasing my squirrel, Jacques. So he gets to a modestly high limb and Jacques jumps to a limb just a bit higher and teasingly beyond his reach. So I look at Squeaky, who's frustrated as usual, and I yell, "You asshat. In a thousand years you won't have a chance in hell of ever catching that squirrel.". And then comes the miracle. He looks back at me, let's out one of his little squeaks, and slowly backs backs down earth. To say the least, I'm totally gobsmacked. Damn I love that cat.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Egg

Re: Backyard miracles

Post by Egg » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Good cats rock.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:57 pm

Why am I not surprised to know that BE has a squirrel named Jacques, hahaha. And I bet Jacques is feeling smug right now.

Poor Squeaky, how humiliating.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:03 pm

Jacques is a surly little bastard, no doubt. But Squeaky is a big dummy (at least till I realized he speaks English.)

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:11 pm

lkwalker wrote:Jacques is a surly little bastard, no doubt. But Squeaky is a big dummy (at least till I realized he speaks English.)
I would have been impressed too to make such a discovery, I must admit.

Teach him to operate a keyboard too, we could use some new members at TD. And he would bring a pretty unique perspective on things.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:52 pm

All I gotta say is that this joint sucks ever since Captain Geezer was eaten by the turnip. Maybe Squeaky can fill in for him until the rapture.