More Than 1 in 10 Americans On Suicide-Linked Antidepressant

Egg

More Than 1 in 10 Americans On Suicide-Linked Antidepressant

Post by Egg » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Despite evidence linking popular antidepressants like Prozac to suicide more than 1 in 10 Americans over the age of 12 are now taking antidepressants prescribed by their doctors. In fact, antidepressants are now the most common drug among people aged 18 to 44, according to statistics from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Health Statistics.

Even more notable is the fact that once prescribed, individuals generally keep taking antidepressants for years. Over 60 percent of patients prescribed antidepressants report taking them for more than 2 years, and 14 percent for 10 years or more. This is unfortunate when the drugs meant to help depression actually cause further depression.

Americans are in the dark over antidepressants and their suicide link
Of course these statistics are very troubling given the extreme side effects that go along with antidepressants. You may not be aware of these side effects, as pharmaceutical drug companies have tried their very best to keep them from hitting the media. Shockingly, the makers of Prozac – Eli Lilly & Co., were able to hide the link between Prozac and suicide for 15 years. Through denial and media deception, Eli Lilly & Co. were able to keep Prozac dangers a secret from the general public, choosing profits over deadly consequences.

Another concerning fact revealed by United States government researchers is that less than 1/3 of Americans taking a single antidepressant have seen more than one mental health professional in the last year. When it comes to more than one prescription, only 1/2 of patients have seen a mental health professional over the same time period. What this means is that these people are not getting a second opinion, relying only on the diagnosis of a single doctor who has been trained only how to treat mental illness with pharmaceuticals.

This is particularly troubling considering that 1 in 4 patients are admittedly misdiagnosed with depression by their healthcare provider. Without a second opinion, 25% of patients will be taking antidepressants for absolutely no reason.

Keep in mind that legitimate mental illness may actually be a result of pharmaceutical consumption, as a new report published in the journal Nature has found. By permanently destroying beneficial bacteria within your gut, antibiotics decimate your overall gut health. Studies have found that gut health is directly linked to mental health, meaning that pharmaceuticals are actually creating more mental illness to be ‘treated’ with even more antidepressant pharmaceuticals!

Reversing depression naturally
•Exercise: Harvard research has proven exercise to be extremely effective in treating and preventing depression, anxiety, and a number of other conditions. In fact, as little as 15 minutes of exercise per day can make a huge difference.
•Avoid processed foods: Avoiding processed foods will allow your body to perform its biological functions much more efficiently. While avoiding processed foods, artificial sweeteners, genetically modified ingredients, and other toxic substances is the basic starting point of optimum mental health, restoring your gut health is also key to ridding yourself of depression. Through the consumption of probiotics, you can restore beneficial bacteria that has been damaged through use of antibiotics.
•Rid the body of stressors and waste: Your body can hold high levels of unwanted chemical stressors, compacted waste, and even parasites. Begin by super-hydrating. Drink half your body weight each day in purified, fluoride-free water. Next, start a ‘green’ nutritional transformation by adding in raw fruits and vegetables into your daily meal plan. I also recommend performing a colon cleanse, liver cleanse, and detoxifying other vital organs.
Statistical sources:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/ ... FI20111019

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/10/mor ... icide.html

Pana

Re: More Than 1 in 10 Americans On Suicide-Linked Antidepres

Post by Pana » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:50 am

Slaves, slaves, slaves
Mindlessly believing pills will make us happy.
Hand over our money
Hand over our common sense.

Antidepressants are the new Faith
...and the high priests of Pharma bestow their benedictions
With happy smiles and bulging pockets.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Kat

Post by Kat » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:07 am

"Drink half your body weight each day in purified, fluoride-free water."

WTF is this bullshit???

I think the recommendation is meant to read to calculate half your body weight in pounds, but drink that much in ounces... isn't it???? It could still be nonsense... like believing that you there could ever be benefit in a mood-altering substance produced by a pharmacom rather than nature.
If I could get any animal it would be a dolphin. I want one bad. Me and my mom went swimming with dolphins. I was like, 'How do we get one of those?' and she was like, 'You can't get a dolphin. What are you gonna do, put it in your pool?' Miley Cyrus

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:34 pm

160 lb person / 2 / 8lb/gal water = 10 gals of water - burp...

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Huxley predicted this brave new world. He called the shit "soma."
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:10 pm

lkwalker wrote:Huxley predicted this brave new world. He called the shit "soma."
Yup. I just reread that book recently. I love how millions of people have been convinced that something is wrong with them and not with society. But, I guess they make up society so something is wrong with them.

Wake me up in 20 years. Thanks.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:28 pm

You re-read Brave New World? Jeeziz that must have been a painful experience.

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:32 pm

lkwalker wrote:You re-read Brave New World? Jeeziz that must have been a painful experience.
Nah, it was all right. I hadn't read it in so long I did early this year and 1984. That was a bit more painful.

I'm rereading God Knows now. If you haven't read it, read it. You'd love it. Joseph Heller.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:36 pm

I love how millions of people have been convinced that something is wrong with them and not with society. But, I guess they make up society so something is wrong with them.
Cool. Catch 22.5

There is a thread for this stuff.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Any one of Set's threads will work.