Aurora, CO shooting

Pigeon

Re: Aurora, CO shooting

Post by Pigeon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:41 am

I would suggest that art mimicked reality first. But I one wants to argue that imagination itself is art then art proceeds reality (invention).

Pana

Post by Pana » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:08 am

Do you think the present day cultural emphasis on kill, kill, kill that can be found in music, gaming and movies leads people to thinking about committing those acts? Art leads life then...and in turn life impresses art.

Yes, your statement shows the conundrum.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Royal

Post by Royal » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:38 am

It's exactly this:
Pigeon wrote:I would suggest that art mimicked reality first. But I one wants to argue that imagination itself is art then art proceeds reality (invention).
We studied the works of Chuck Palahniuk, the creator of the book "Fight Club" in college. It's always nice to have a professor into that literature. :D

Chuck discussed this topic in a question and answer session I read in class. He described it as a circular process. He said something along the lines of:

"Experience in life provides the stories for my books and the stories of books can represent life" His response preceding his statement of people coming up to him in a serious tone "we started a fight club" , "Where is the fight club", and people pointing out things in his book "that really happened to a friend of mine" .

Pana

Post by Pana » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:41 am

...and the stories in his books fuel the minds of those that read them resulting in them establishing situations that mirror those in the books.

Life influences art, art influences LIfe.

Circular.

The avant garde are the true masters of the world. We're just following in their footsteps. They are the Elite.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus