A Psychologist That I Can Like

Pana

A Psychologist That I Can Like

Post by Pana » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:32 am

Brilliant interview with Jerome Kagan from Der Speigel.

Worth the read:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/wor ... 47500.html

Quote:
Kagan: I share your unhappiness. But that is the history of humanity: Those in authority believe they're doing the right thing, and they harm those who have no power.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Royal

Re: A Psychologist That I Can Like

Post by Royal » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:52 am

I found out a friend of mine was seeing a psychologist. He was married, with a kid, going to school, and was unemployed. There was moments where the stress would build up and he would have outbursts of anger that was NOT violent in nature. The wife and psychologist convinced him that he was chemically imbalanced and he needed pychotropics.

I pleaded with him to do his research. Look at the data and the criticisms of these drugs. He told me he "was assured that these drugs can help him because his mother-in-law is using them". Two-weeks later, I talk with him again. He tells me how is anger got worse because he was "misdiagnosed". He ended up getting some other medication to help him.

Look at what these Pychologists believe. It's grossly negligent in nature. I found this article:

Things Not to Say to a Depressed Person
2. You need to get out of yourself and give back to the community.
3. Why don’t you try and exercise?
5. Meditation and yoga are all you need.
9. Do you WANT to feel better?
10. Everyone has problems.
http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2 ... ed-person/

The above demonstrates their attitude to keep patients rolling in. Why would they ever want their patients NOT dwelling in their office for $$ an hour?

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:12 am

Seems if a person was OK at one time then medication is not the answer.

Pana

Post by Pana » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:50 pm

The chemical imbalance is bull shit in terms of seratonin uptake. I posted that a few months ago. They have never established what are normal levels of seratonin in the brain and the whole thing of depression based on low seratonin levels is based on a hypothesis only - not fact.

Royal, i'm sorry for your friend and the millions of others like him. I'm sorry for all three of us who seem to be going against the grain in this as the establishment looks askance at people like us when we open our mouths and so NO to medication.

Outside of schizophrenia, I don't see any other reason to take pills for mental health.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus