Oak Creek WI temple shooting

Pigeon

Oak Creek WI temple shooting

Post by Pigeon » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:13 pm

The LAtimes, via Yahoo, is stating that the shooter has been on the feds radar more than once because of his ties to certain groups. So much for all that intel that is said to be necessary for our protection.

Of course I do understand it is difficult to monitor so many people. So is monitoring really going to work all that often.

I think people are going to have to watch and have concern for their family, friends and others in the world.

Royal

Re: Oak Creek WI temple shooting

Post by Royal » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:49 pm

In a college class "Computers and Society", I chose cyber security as a research topic. Specifically the FBI's Carnivore and the NSA's Echelon program. The Patriot Act lowered the thresholds for surveillance approval.

Those programs picked up too much data to be efficient in identifying anyone hostile (as far as my research goes). There was international controversy about the Echelon program being used to spy for economic purposes instead- Just another reason why the world hates us.

Both shooters have something in common: they both had relationship break-ups.

So now, I propose the program Cunt-Watch- "Behind every crazed gunmen there's a crazier woman."

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:16 pm

Money and sex, almost always the root of the problem.

Royal

Post by Royal » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:58 pm

Ok, so I have the green light from pigeon. Just need one more vote for approval. Pana?

Pana

Post by Pana » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:02 am

I have to veto it for the simple fact that if the girl broke up with the crazy, she's probably really stable and that's why she got the hell away from him/them.

Behind ever crazed gunman
(walking)
(running)
away,

Is a helluva smart woman.

_______________________---

Maybe these guys would have beat up their woman instead of killing others if they had stuck it out with them.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:43 am

Yeah, gotta wonder who would be dating the guy.