This Woman Has Rescued 72,000 Human Trafficking Victims

Royal

This Woman Has Rescued 72,000 Human Trafficking Victims

Post by Royal » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:45 am

THIS WOMAN HAS RESCUED 72,000 HUMAN TRAFFICKING VICTIMS

Ella Sangma was in her early teens and living in a shelter in New Delhi when the authorities told her someone was coming to take her back to northeast India. “I was doubtful; I had been taken for a ride earlier,” says Sangma, who was sold by her mother to human traffickers as a child and brought to the Indian capital, where she was forced to keep the books at a liquor store connected to a brothel.

But there was something about Hasina Kharbhih that earned the teen’s instant trust. Sangma, who now calls Kharbhih Amma (mother), agreed to return to northeast India with her. Sangma is just one among the more than 72,000 women and children who have been victims of human trafficking across India, Myanmar, Bangladesh and Nepal and now find themselves free thanks to Kharbhih.

For Kharbhih, 49, it’s a matter of empathy as she strives to put a dent in the $32 billion human trafficking industry in India and its surrounding countries. When I arrive at a British-era building in Shillong in the northeast Indian hill state of Meghalaya, Kharbhih — wearing a traditional wraparound skirt and her hair in a bun — welcomes me into her office library.

https://www.ozy.com/around-the-world/sh ... ng/321595/

The angels are doing social work and running to help. Maybe stay away from social media for your news.

Or you can RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.