US Catholic priest resigns after performing thousands of invalid baptisms over 20 years

Pigeon

US Catholic priest resigns after performing thousands of invalid baptisms over 20 years

Post by Pigeon » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:33 am

Oops

But one Catholic priest's use of the word 'we' instead of 'I' during both English and Spanish language baptism ceremonies during his two decades in the ministry has left thousands of baptisms invalid in multiple parishes in two countries.

Father Andres Arango stood down from his role as a pastor with the Diocese of Phoenix in the United States earlier this month after it was revealed he had used this formula during the sacrament: "We baptise you in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit".

Instead, he should have said the same words starting with "I baptise you … "

"The issue with using "we" is that it is not the community that baptises a person, rather, it is Christ, and Him alone, who presides at all of the sacraments, and so it is Christ Jesus who baptises," Bishop Olmstead said in a statement.

Link

So the priest is claiming to be jesus by using "I" ...

"As the entry point to other sacraments, an invalid baptism therefore invalidates any subsequent sacraments, especially confirmation, marriage and holy orders (ordination to the priesthood or diaconate)", the Diocese of Phoenix wrote on its website.

Is there going to be a meltdown with people over this? Panic of heaven lost? Everyone goes to the river.
Imagine being a devout catholic your whole life and you die and get to the pearly gates and St Peter says, "Ummm, we have a small problem..."

Pigeon

Re: US Catholic priest resigns after performing thousands of invalid baptisms over 20 years

Post by Pigeon » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:35 am

If God is really that insanely petty, would you even want to get into his crazy heaven?
Bill Burr can help you with that thought.

Pigeon

Re: US Catholic priest resigns after performing thousands of invalid baptisms over 20 years

Post by Pigeon » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:44 am

2 Brothers Raised As Devout Christians Become Neo Nazis, Then Kill Their Family

Wrongly worded baptism?

Royal

Post by Royal » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:52 pm

Pigeon wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:33 am Oops

But one Catholic priest's use of the word 'we' instead of 'I' during both English and Spanish language baptism ceremonies during his two decades in the ministry has left thousands of baptisms invalid in multiple parishes in two countries.

Father Andres Arango stood down from his role as a pastor with the Diocese of Phoenix in the United States earlier this month after it was revealed he had used this formula during the sacrament: "We baptise you in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit".

Instead, he should have said the same words starting with "I baptise you … "

"The issue with using "we" is that it is not the community that baptises a person, rather, it is Christ, and Him alone, who presides at all of the sacraments, and so it is Christ Jesus who baptises," Bishop Olmstead said in a statement.

Link

So the priest is claiming to be jesus by using "I" ...

"As the entry point to other sacraments, an invalid baptism therefore invalidates any subsequent sacraments, especially confirmation, marriage and holy orders (ordination to the priesthood or diaconate)", the Diocese of Phoenix wrote on its website.

Is there going to be a meltdown with people over this? Panic of heaven lost? Everyone goes to the river.
Imagine being a devout catholic your whole life and you die and get to the pearly gates and St Peter says, "Ummm, we have a small problem..."
"Hello everyone, my name is Jesus, son of God, and my nominative pronouns are "I' and "blem". When you use "I" and "blem", I know you're listening to me and taking MY choice of nominative pronouns seriously..."