World decends furthur into insanity

Pigeon

World decends furthur into insanity

Post by Pigeon » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:55 pm

Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg agree to hold cage fight

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-65981 ... linkin.bio

Big tech leadership moves from cyber war to traditional war. Might be an improvement for mankind.

Pigeon

Re: World decends furthur into insanity

Post by Pigeon » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:28 pm

Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk are taking their rivalry to a new level: Bored with competing to see who can capitulate to authoritarian governments the fastest, they’ve agreed to actually fight each other, in a cage, in Las Vegas.

The confrontation was Musk’s idea, floated in response to Meta’s plans for a Twitter competitor. Zuckerberg, who will definitely be bringing his real legs to the fight, signed up by posting Musk’s tweet (in an Insta story that will disappear within hours) with the reply: “Send Me Location.” And why not? Zuck may be smaller, but he’s a swole jujitsu champion these days—and, having whiffed so badly with the metaverse, landing a few blows on Musk will demonstrate that he’s finally in tune with what the public wants.

Link

Now, there is a chance that rich countries’ governments will not agree to do this (Tax rich for climate change funds) , in which case here’s my modest proposal: Why not instead have the extremely rich face off in cage fights, with the loser donating, say, 10% of their fortune to mitigating the climate crisis and ensuring a just energy transition?

Hear me out. Those who like billionaires should be all in because they get to back their favorite billionaire. Those who don’t should be equally enthusiastic, because they get to see billionaires being hit. The billionaires should like it because even if they don’t win, they get to be very philanthropic in the most visible way possible. Just in the tech world, imagine the possibilities: Ballmer vs. Ellison, Bezos vs. Brin, Gates vs. Dorsey. Are you not entertained? I already am.

Pigeon

Re: World decends furthur into insanity

Post by Pigeon » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:49 am

Theta-Maximus - Reddit

Everyone knew Elon would find an excuse to bail ... but, be honest, who had "Mom wouldn't let me" on their bingo card?!!
May be it is an insight into his emotional age.