Petty gossip and the Pope

lkwalker

Petty gossip and the Pope

Post by lkwalker » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:28 pm

This re-run brought to you by BENewsCorp™ just in time for Easter. Read and weep.

Originally Posted by boycotteverything April 4, 2010

Is it possible that the best defence the Pope has now comes as a maudlin characterization of this nasty record as 'gossip?' http://amkon.net/showthread.php/23975-T ... post378778 That such a resort to marginalization is taken on Easter, of all days, tells us just how serious the accusations against Benedict truly are. The Church's method of dealing with the evil in its midst, the pedophilia, the sexual decadence, has always been one of denial and cover-up- payoffs to the victims accompanied by arrogant dismissal of the crimes themselves as rare aberrations by a few weak pastors. But it is not so. The abuse of trust is widespread and accepted as just another cost of doing business in a priory of sanctified celibacy- a cult of imposed loneliness and despair- a world that's attractive to not just the faithful but also to pathological perverts. Pathological perverts... And the world is now asking if Benedict, himself, may be not simply an enabler but also one who shares those noxious traits. Petty gossip? Or the inquisition of the Inquisitor? And it's both ironic and fitting that such verboten questions should be reserved for Easter.

What's the meaning of the Pope's recent Apostolic Constitution inviting the Anglican Church (and hence the Episcopalians) to come in from the cold of the Reformation? Is it a gesture of reconciliation or a political tactic to destroy the Church of England? Whatever it is, it's very serious and has profound implications for both The Church and for the most elite order of the Protestant communions. Basically what Benedict has offered is inclusion within Roman Catholicism of any Anglican, including priests, who accept the offer. It has the feel of 'gathering the flocks' for end times' about it. And that it comes from the former head of the Inquisition adds to its profundity. I don't even see any requirement for Confession in order for the strays to become regathered within the fold. Just a simple 'yea or nay' will suffice. Is this a continuation John 23rd's ecumenism or is it something else?

Certainly the Constitution will have the immediate effect of dividing the Episcopal. In recent years the CoE has allowed women and gay priests, taken anti-state political positions, liberalized the liturgy and adopted political correctness as its new creed. The question in my mind is whether inclusion within Roman Catholicism will change nature of The Church or change the Reformation. The Pope is certainly aware of this conundrum and yet has committed himself to making the offer nonetheless- and in no small way- but in the highest possible method- an Apostolic Constitution.

Ecumenical or divisive? Big question. Does Benedict know something we don't know? Is he contemplating the prophecies of St. Malachy? I've wondered about this from the very moment he chose his papal name. The Olivine. Next to last...

The sexual decadence at the heart of the Church shouldn't be seen as the cause of its downfall but rather as a catalyst. In these times these things must happen.

1/24/10 It's one of those great historical ironies that the inheritor of the Inquisition should be the Olivine- bearer of forgiveness- at one and the same time. That's an irony not lost on me. History works in surprising and mysterious ways. And regardless of whether the last act of this passion is ordained or contrived it's meaningful to me as a foreshadow of the death of novelty. That's all prophesy is, in truth, a foreshadowing. How can it be that the future casts a shadow on the present doings and goings? Can we conclude other than that all of time is entangled in the most exquisite manor? To confront that is to encounter the Absurd. Revelation is, then, always available. What's the gain of that? That's anyone's question. Maybe it's just a matter of the collision of free electrons in empty space sharing choice thoughts. Is that enough? Possibly not- but it may be all we have. Little plaints in the void...

Quote:
So, the question is: is the prophecy correct, is it manifest destiny or is it Benedict's (and the Catholic church's hierarchy) knowledge of the prophecy that is propelling him to these actions?

It can be both. It's the same principle as Christ self-consciously fulfilling the messianic prophesies abroad during the first century. In other words- being conjoined to participate in a preordained passion even to the extent of furthering it (straightening the paths.) This is Benedict's own dilemma. He needs to be both author and actor at the same time. The Olivine must extend the olive branch in order to ordain the preordained. I don't believe this set of circumstances has anything to do with the 'Mayan prophecies' concerning the 2012 hysteria. It's seated deeply in Catholic eschatology and telos. I think what we're watching is ritual- the grand Eucharist- that the Pope regards as existential necessity. Is there truly an arcane meaning to it all? Well- I guess that was my question in bringing up the matter of Benedict's Apostolic Constitution here. To me it's a further piece of a great puzzle being assembled before the eyes of anyone paying attention to it.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Pigeon

Re: Petty gossip and the Pope

Post by Pigeon » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:44 pm

Just a note

If this is your original material or was an outside source, there is no need to give a back link to the kon.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:52 pm

needed to link to the article i was commenting on for clarity purposes.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:15 am

kon links suck.