On KC Chiefs parade shooting

Pigeon

On KC Chiefs parade shooting

Post by Pigeon » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:39 pm

"Who brings a machine gun to a parade"

Pigeon

Re: On KC Chiefs parade shooting

Post by Pigeon » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:18 am

'Gun-loving' GOP governor reportedly seen 'running scared for his life' from mass shooting

Patrick Quaife, identified on his social media as a University of Kansas alum, posted his observations after escaping the gunfire.

"I just ran away from a mass shooting at the Chiefs parade where I saw the Missouri governor (the gun lover below) running scared for his life next to me with an army of officers protecting him," Quaife wrote, including a photo of the governor supporting "responsible, law-abiding gun owners."

"I am so sick of these NRA funded politicians," Quaife added along with a support for gun control.

Keep in mind, when Republican Governor of Missouri Mike Parson….hauled ass…to leave Union Station…he did so, surrounded by his security detail.

When you have a security detail with you…everywhere you go, you can talk a LOT of shit about how “We can’t infringe ANYONE’S gun rights.”

-reddit questison

Pigeon

Re: On KC Chiefs parade shooting

Post by Pigeon » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:26 pm

Excuse me for stating the obvious truth. I do so out of love for this country and the pain of learning, once again, that children have been killed by gun violence. If we as a country want to find the collective will within ourselves to change our gun laws, let’s stop playing silly political games. Show the carnage on the news. Show the American people the dead children and others who have been struck down. Show us what guns and bullets can do to the human body.
The news media need to be brave enough to let Americans see what slaughtered children look like. Otherwise, I fear that too many perceive gun violence as an abstract; a story that’s repeated nearly every day to numbing effect. When I was a teenager, there was a war in Vietnam. In the beginning, no one paid much attention to this problem in a foreign land until the media shouldered the responsibility and showed America how our sons were being slaughtered. Once those images were shown on TV, there was overwhelming demand for that war to be ended immediately.
I say this as a father and a human being, with deep empathy for the parents whose children have had their lives ended so suddenly and so senselessly: Show America the carnage. I am not being callous, and I know it will be painful to see. But, sad to say, I think it’s the only way to shock America out of its stupor.

-John Mellencamp