Syria- The next domino?

Ozfactor

Re: Syria- The next domino?

Post by Ozfactor » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:40 pm

Snow Crash wrote:
Ozfactor wrote:
lkwalker wrote:
I am more than sure that many Arabs are tired of living under the regimes they are living under.
Ya think? hahahaha
Well I tire of the regime I live under. Do you really think that the powers support regime change for the down trodden of that countries population? Sudan?
More crazy talk. You must be wearing a tin hat as you type that, right?

;)
Damn right. Securely fastened it is. It has an electrical hookup to my brain feeding me historical western blunders within the borders of other sovereign nations.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

Snow Crash

Post by Snow Crash » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:43 pm

Ozfactor wrote:Damn right. Securely fastened it is. It has an electrical hookup to my brain feeding me historical western blunders within the borders of other sovereign nations.
Are you familiar with the Saharawi, Oz?
Make way for the Bad Guy

Egg

Post by Egg » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:50 pm

Well, it's obvious why we cherry pick who to help. Even John Stewart did a whole thing about it (just saying that's mainstream).

As for no one toppling the government here, I'd say that has a lot to do with a high standard of living and far less of a chance of defeating our military/paramilitary.

I think it's also the attitude - the culture. We're far more satiated than they are.

Egg

Post by Egg » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:54 pm

Snow Crash wrote:
Ozfactor wrote:Damn right. Securely fastened it is. It has an electrical hookup to my brain feeding me historical western blunders within the borders of other sovereign nations.
What's that, Snow?

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:57 pm

Snow Crash wrote:
Originally Berbers that were assimilated into the Arab culture, Sunni Muslim. I know that Morocco controls their Saharan home land and that they have been subject to much colonial manipulation. Not much more than that. Will read up on it now.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

Snow Crash

Post by Snow Crash » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:01 pm

Egg wrote:
Snow Crash wrote:
What's that, Snow?
Natives of the former Spanish colony of Western Sahara. Have been under military occupation since Morocco invaded. A huge wall now cuts the territory into pieces (sound familiar?) while the natives in occupied lands are brutalized (sound familiar?) while the UN allows Morocco to continue unchecked (sound familiar?). The Moroccans invaded off the back of a vision of a 'Greater Morocco' (sound familiar?).

Yet another oppressed people the self styled good guys of the world don't give a fuck about.
Make way for the Bad Guy

Snow Crash

Post by Snow Crash » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Ozfactor wrote:
Snow Crash wrote:
Originally Berbers that were assimilated into the Arab culture, Sunni Muslim. I know that Morocco controls their Saharan home land and that they have been subject to much colonial manipulation. Not much more than that. Will read up on it now.
If you get the chance to see it, check the documentary 'El Problema'. It's a history of 'The Problem', as the Saharawi refer to the occupation.
Make way for the Bad Guy

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:36 pm

Thanks Snow Crash I'll do that. Checked out the trailer and looks to be well done.

I'm just emerging from a long sabbatical from the ugliness. I get so angry at the apathy and blindness that my patience runs thin to non-existent. I was so immersed in Sudan and the cold shoulder the world showed that I had to take a break.
Emerson

Egg

Post by Egg » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:59 pm

Whatever your "poison" is, it gets to be overwhelming if you think about it too much, that's for sure.

Snow Crash

Post by Snow Crash » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:01 pm

Ozfactor wrote:Thanks Snow Crash I'll do that. Checked out the trailer and looks to be well done.

I'm just emerging from a long sabbatical from the ugliness. I get so angry at the apathy and blindness that my patience runs thin to non-existent. I was so immersed in Sudan and the cold shoulder the world showed that I had to take a break.
Now you know why I always seem pissed off lol. It is good to take a break every once in a while though, or it just gets too much.
Make way for the Bad Guy