Did Breivik act alone?

Pigeon

Re: Did Breivik act alone?

Post by Pigeon » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:02 pm

How would a person know love without knowing hate?

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Exactly!

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:10 pm

Pam wrote:
Hate is an emotion that only comes for those deserving of it.
That is not true. Breivik killed because of hate, but those he hated, did they deserve that hate?

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:16 pm

TraumaT wrote:
Pam wrote:
Hate is an emotion that only comes for those deserving of it.
That is not true. Breivik killed because of hate, but those he hated, did they deserve that hate?

You are right, I worded that wrong ....... but is what he had hate? Was it insanity?

A sick mind that was warped by something, bad parenting.... lack of love as a child, what makes someone do something so horrific, it has to be taught to them!

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Pam wrote:

You are right, I worded that wrong ....... but is what he had hate? Was it insanity?

A sick mind that was warped by something, bad parenting.... lack of love as a child, what makes someone do something so horrific, it has to be taught to them!
We won't get the full picture of what happened and why until the trial starts. All we have now is bits and pieces of information released to the media, and of course different theories and speculation in the press. The forensic investigation is far from finished, and they are still interogating Breivik. All this will take time.

Hopefully there will be some answers during the trial to why this happened, and what made him evolve into this monster. Then we can learn from it and hopefully prevent something like this from happening again.

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:44 pm

Pam wrote:
Cartoonsyndicate wrote:Then you've not performed the Socratic self-examination.
Are you saying there can be no hate, even for those that should be hated then you are not a person of pure love?

Hate is an emotion that only comes for those deserving of it. If everyone has nothing but love there would be no need for hate. I will never love someone that could do what Breivik has done, nor can I ever forgive.
That is unfortunately complete and utter horseshit. Sorry
"But that's no more true than saying the universe is ineluctably bound to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. In the end it's all an entropic stew but in the meantime we got some serious livin' to do." Arthur Afterburn

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Cartoonsyndicate wrote:
Pam wrote:
Cartoonsyndicate wrote:Then you've not performed the Socratic self-examination.
Are you saying there can be no hate, even for those that should be hated then you are not a person of pure love?

Hate is an emotion that only comes for those deserving of it. If everyone has nothing but love there would be no need for hate. I will never love someone that could do what Breivik has done, nor can I ever forgive.
That is unfortunately complete and utter horseshit. Sorry

In your eyes it is, but why should I forgive.... give me the reason why I should love an animal like that.

If you can not make me understand what you are trying to say, then I will not comment on your posts so an answer is no longer necessary from you.

Smoke em if you got em......

Do you love the Antards as you call them?

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:12 pm

I don't believe for even a second that hate is reserved for 'only those who deserve it.". In fact I think exactly the opposite is true- that hate is irrational and undeserved. Hatred is not the opposite of love but rather the inability to love and neither are 'emotions', but states of being. Further, Breivik did not act out of hate but out of a misguided sense of love for the European 'culture.'. Such a perversion of love is the very source of evil in my view.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:23 pm

lkwalker wrote:I don't believe for even a second that hate is reserved for 'only those who deserve it.". In fact I think exactly the opposite is true- that hate is irrational and undeserved. Hatred is not the opposite of love but rather the inability to love and neither are 'emotions', but states of being. Further, Breivik did not act out of hate but out of a misguided sense of love for the European 'culture.'. Such a perversion of love is the very source of evil in my view.
That's probably the truth. Although, I don't think evil ends there, I think evil takes many different forms.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:50 pm

All the forms emanate from one universal condition- the absence of true love.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi