Where the he'll is Pam?

lkwalker

Where the he'll is Pam?

Post by lkwalker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Abducted? Certainly it can't just be that word filter kerfuffle. She never used the bad words anyway.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

TraumaT

Re: Where the he'll is Pam?

Post by TraumaT » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:14 pm

lkwalker wrote:Abducted? Certainly it can't just be that word filter kerfuffle. She never used the bad words anyway.
She used the f-word when you had a fit and made a thread about how none of us have brains that works.

Can't say I blame her, hahaha.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Oh shit. Well I don't remember that thread but I agree with the non-working brains part anyway. So I take it you're rejecting my abduction theory..?

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:28 pm

I suppose people are getting too much credit for brains here.

Regular members are allowed to set the filter to either see the filtered or unfiltered words. A big deal made out of nothing.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Well that's my point. It's gotta be the grays.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Maybe she is hanging around the Kon, soaking in the icky pool.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:57 pm

I was just over there. I did notice a polka dotty dress and a shock of red hair circling the drain. Nah. She hates that place. That musta been Anturd.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:15 pm

He would make a great Tepcoman.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:17 pm

I feel safer already.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Mystery solved?

Fresh mountain lion warning issued after attack on dog near Carbondale

DOLPHIN PAM MISSING

By The Denver Post
The Denver Post
Posted:09/23/2011 05:50:15 PM MDT

A mountain lion attack on a pet dog at a ski area outside of Carbondale on Wednesday, is prompting Colorado Parks and Wildlife to remind Coloradoans to take precautions to avoid conflicts with wildlife.

The incident happened at about 10 p.m. Wednesday, when a woman living near the Sunlight Ski Resort let her dogs walk outside.

She heard her dogs' distressed barking, and ran out to her deck to check on them. She watched as a mountain lion ran off with her 14-year-old poodle/shih tzu mix in its mouth.

"As troubling as the incident may seem, residents in this area need to remember that they live in mountain lion country and this can happen anytime," said area wildlife manager, Perry Will in a news release. "Lions are opportunistic predators, so we caution people to keep a close eye on their dogs, cats or other domesticated animals."

Wildlife managers do not typically kill a lion that preys on an unsupervised pet.

"It does not appear to be a threat to people right now, but we will continue to monitor the situation, and we will take action if it becomes aggressive towards humans," Will said.

The next day, wildlife officers received another report of another mountain lion inside the city limits of nearby Carbondale.

According to the news release from the department, sightings of mountain lions within Carbondale city limits may be uncommon, but not unexpected.

People are asked to avoid walking pets at night, to walk in groups and make noise when walking through mountain lion country.

The release encourages the use of walking sticks that can be used to ward off a lion, and suggests people fight back if under attack.

"A lion will retreat if you are able to injure or hurt it during an attack, so don't run from it, but do fight back if attacked," said Watchable Wildlife Coordinator Trina Romero in the release.

Here are some more tips:

-- Do not approach a lion, especially one that is feeding or with kittens. Most mountain lions will try to avoid a confrontation. Give them a way to escape.

-- Stay calm when you come upon a lion. Talk calmly yet firmly to it. Move slowly.

-- Stop or back away slowly, if you can do it safely. Running may stimulate a lion's instinct to chase and attack. Face the lion and stand upright.

-- Do all you can to appear larger. Raise your arms. Open your jacket if you're wearing one. If you have small children with you, protect them by picking them up so they won't panic and run.

-- If the lion behaves aggressively, throw stones, branches or any item you can quickly grab without crouching down or turning your back. Wave your arms slowly and speak firmly. What you want to do is convince the lion you are not prey and that you may in fact be a danger to the lion.

To learn more about living with mountain lions, please visit: http://wildlife.state.co.us/WildlifeSpe ... ntry1.aspx