NY serial killer could be a cop: investigators

DimensionalDetective

NY serial killer could be a cop: investigators

Post by DimensionalDetective » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Echoing the popular TV show Showtime, Dexter, in which a cop leads a double life as a serial killer, New York cops think the serial killer who has murdered at least four women may be a former or current law enforcement official, the New York Times reports.

Investigators say that the killer shows a high understanding of police operations, from contacting the four prostitutes who have fallen victim to him with disposable cell phones, to making calls to a victim's home from crowded parts of New York City, where the killer would blend in on surveillance footage, even if his phone signal was pinpointed.

Full Story:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/04/09/n ... stigators/

Well ain't that comforting...Perhaps one of our nation's finest deciding to graduate from tasering and batoning, to straight up offing the civilianry? Heh

Pigeon

Re: NY serial killer could be a cop: investigators

Post by Pigeon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:30 pm

I doubt it would be the first time either.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:45 pm

It could also be someone that watches all these crime TV shows like CSI and Criminal Minds that teaches serial killers what not to do.

If they didn't have the ideas before, they could certainly learn them from watching these shows :(

Mur

Post by Mur » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:46 pm

Most cops are decent....right?

itai
Fashion Show

Post by itai » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:48 pm

I really didn't like that show Dexter at all. I tried to like it. I wanted to like it, but the show actually annoyed me.

i think it is a little disturbing that a cop could be that crooked but i guess it makes sense. serial killers love to control and manipulate other people, so what better career than a police officer.

you really can't trust anyone.

sometimes, when i am driving on back roads at night, i think to myself 'if a cop tried to pull me over right now.. he would have to follow me to the nearest gas station or something cause ain't no way im pulling over in the middle of nowhere'.

if i got into trouble, oh well.

you really can not trust anyone!

Egg

Post by Egg » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:55 pm

itai wrote:I really didn't like that show Dexter at all. I tried to like it. I wanted to like it, but the show actually annoyed me.

i think it is a little disturbing that a cop could be that crooked but i guess it makes sense. serial killers love to control and manipulate other people, so what better career than a police officer.

sometimes, when i am driving on back roads at night, i think to myself 'if a cop tried to pull me over right now.. he would have to follow me to the nearest gas station or something cause ain't no way im pulling over in the middle of nowhere'.

Itai, as a person who has felt the same way before, respectfully, you are wrong.

It's hard to do but you should judge and trust slowly.

Cops are just people. So, they'll be good and bad ones. AND, mentally deranged ones.

Don't shut yourself down out of hurt, Poo. Put up the barriers and wait until people prove themselves, that's all. ;) Otherwise, you'll end up cheating yourself.

itai
Fashion Show

Post by itai » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Egg wrote:
itai wrote:I really didn't like that show Dexter at all. I tried to like it. I wanted to like it, but the show actually annoyed me.

Itai, as a person who has felt the same way before, respectfully, you are wrong.

Cops are just people. So, they'll be good and bad ones. AND, mentally deranged ones.

Don't shut yourself down out of hurt, Poo. Put up the barriers and wait until people prove themselves, that's all. ;) Otherwise, you'll end up cheating yourself.
i am not pulling over my car in the middle of nowhere for anyone. i will never trust strangers enough to do that. it's not worth risking my life or getting raped or whatever.

Egg

Post by Egg » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:07 pm

itai wrote:
Egg wrote:

i am not pulling over my car in the middle of nowhere for anyone. i will never trust strangers enough to do that. it's not worth risking my life or getting raped or whatever.
OH! If that's the extent of what you meant, that's a good decision. ;)

itai
Fashion Show

Post by itai » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:00 am

you just wanted to nay-say! ya shit!