A really stoopid idea who's time has come...

Dr Exile

Re: A really stoopid idea who's time has come...

Post by Dr Exile » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:13 pm

In all seriousness though, do you think there can ever be peace there? I mean, let's say they pull back and even split Jerusalem. Do you think there can be peace?
I have in one of my books 2,200 miles from me (or I would quote it) a quotation from a scribe in middle kingdom Egypt that talks about how the people of that region had been fighting since the time of Horus, (IE since time began) and neither side ever wins.

Open a newspaper from Middle Kingdom Egypt and you read about the fighting, read a paper from the nineteenth century and they are fighting, read a paper in my youth and they are fighting; no Egg, when the last photon in the universe fades away, they will still be fighting.

It is wasted energy worrying about them. The US pays attention only because of the lust for oil. Me, I could care less, I can hardly wait for the day we pump the last drop.
Credo quia absurdum.

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:32 pm

Dr Exile wrote:
In all seriousness though, do you think there can ever be peace there? I mean, let's say they pull back and even split Jerusalem. Do you think there can be peace?
I have in one of my books 2,200 miles from me (or I would quote it) a quotation from a scribe in middle kingdom Egypt that talks about how the people of that region had been fighting since the time of Horus, (IE since time began) and neither side ever wins.

Open a newspaper from Middle Kingdom Egypt and you read about the fighting, read a paper from the nineteenth century and they are fighting, read a paper in my youth and they are fighting; no Egg, when the last photon in the universe fades away, they will still be fighting.

It is wasted energy worrying about them. The US pays attention only because of the lust for oil. Me, I could care less, I can hardly wait for the day we pump the last drop.
I agree with you. There's a story I've told a few times already between here and amkon.
Long story short - an Egyptian man living in NYC says to me (paraphrasing) - "Samson used his last breath to push the pillars of the palace apart and bring death to his enemies and himself. They all think like that over there. Over there you and I could never be friends, over here we could become best friends."

skunk

Post by skunk » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:37 pm

The worst part is they're treating palestinians in a very similar fashion as to how many of their ancestors were treated by the germans. One holocaust does not negate another.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:41 am

No doubt.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:56 am

There are people there who want peace. Their government is corrupt like ours. The settlers are fools. Religion is a disease. Eventually, every Jew there will be killed or they will nuke the region.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:20 am

skunk wrote:The worst part is they're treating palestinians in a very similar fashion as to how many of their ancestors were treated by the germans. One holocaust does not negate another.
Not true. The Holocaust was a race-based extermination industry. That is not happening in Israel or anywhere else in the world at this time. A better analogy would be South African apartheid.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:32 pm

A better analogy would be South African apartheid.
Like holding a tiger by the tail, they have no choice simply because the Palestinians out number them. Splitting a Palestinian state with Israel in the middle would be suicide. Annex the chunk around Jerusalem and give the rest back to Jordan, assuming the king would be stupid enough to take it back.

I would bet a dollar to a doughnut the king would tell Israel to dork it'self and keep the shit hole.
Credo quia absurdum.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Dr Exile wrote:
Like holding a tiger by the tail, they have no choice simply because the Palestinians out number them. Splitting a Palestinian state with Israel in the middle would be suicide. Annex the chunk around Jerusalem and give the rest back to Jordan, assuming the king would be stupid enough to take it back.

I would bet a dollar to a doughnut the king would tell Israel to dork it'self and keep the shit hole.
No shit. People seem to forget that the Jordanians hated the "Palestinians" before Israel came along. Dropping leaflets which basically read "Be gone from here tomorrow or we'll kill you" is indicative of their true feelings.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:47 pm

Dr Exile wrote:

That's pretty much the Likudnik position. If the problems weren't intractable they'd have been resolved 60 years ago. Now with all the Israeli settlement on the West Bank a solution may be impossible. I can't recall from history an instance of a voluntary return of conquered lands. Yikes.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:02 pm

I can't recall from history an instance of a voluntary return of conquered lands. Yikes.
Los Angeles.
Credo quia absurdum.