Submitted for your approval...

IndicusMaximus

Submitted for your approval...

Post by IndicusMaximus » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:03 am

I found a photo comparison which supports a theory of mine. There are only a certain number of forms humans can take. If you're looking for an exact doppelganger of you out there, you will find one. I have a doppelganger roaming around somewhere. He's been around here, dunno if he still is but many people have sworn they've seen or met me before. One guy even claimed he knew me closely from NA meetings. He wouldn't believe that I was not ever at an NA meeting before, nor had I met him any time previously. Weird stuff, but how many billions of people can there be before the pattern repeats over again?
Attachments
300911-cage.jpg
300911-cage.jpg (7.87 KiB) Viewed 405 times
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they will see God.

Under the shadow of thy wings, Jehovah.

IndicusMaximus

Re: Submitted for your approval...

Post by IndicusMaximus » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:06 am

I dunno... that photo looks a bit off for some reason, to be honest. The head is cocked a little to his right, and yet the face looks as if it's coming from straight on.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:32 am

I saw my doppelganger once when I was around 9 years old. It was from across the room and it was freaky!

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:36 pm

How many elemental permutations of the human face can there be? I think the number is only slightly less (or slightly more) than 7 billion. Just sayin...

Now go outside and play till supper.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Kat

Post by Kat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:41 am

Something ephemeral from somewhere:

"Real organisms are characterized by great variation one from another. Typically, individual members of any species differ in very large numbers of nucleotides that make up their DNA. In humans there are 3 million nucleotide differences on the average between any two people taken at random. Even very closely related individuals have many genetic differences. With the exception of twins or individuals cloned from the same parent, no two organisms have identical genomes. Moreover there is some ambiguity in assignment of an individual to a genotype, because many mutations occur in cells during the process of growth and development so that all the cells in the body do not contain identical genomes. Even asexually single-celled organisms like bacteria that are reproduced by the division of the parental cell differ in their genomes because mutations of DNA are sufficiently common that at least one of the nucleotides that constitute their DNA will have undergone a spontaneous change during cell division. Thus genotypes are classes with only a single member. Moreover, even cloned individuals or identical twins , although identical in genotype, will differ from each other in phenotype because of variations in their developmental environments. Thus, phenotypes are also classes with only a single member. Taken literally, the distinction between genetic or phenotypic types and tokens, while logically correct, would seem to be of no practical import."

Having said that, it is certainly true that one can observe a limited number of "types" amongs the 6,965,933,256 of us.
If I could get any animal it would be a dolphin. I want one bad. Me and my mom went swimming with dolphins. I was like, 'How do we get one of those?' and she was like, 'You can't get a dolphin. What are you gonna do, put it in your pool?' Miley Cyrus

IndicusMaximus

Post by IndicusMaximus » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:38 pm

How can you explain this:

My doppelganger has apparently been stalking people I know, and has met people I've met.

I don't think it was my doppelganger.

I think it was me. I somehow at some point or in some parallel reality was able to find a way to travel back through time or skip into parallel timelines.

That's my theory.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:48 pm

Ask the person a question that only you would know the answer.

IndicusMaximus

Post by IndicusMaximus » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:50 pm

I've never seen him personally.