Seti's smartening up

UFOs have a separate forum.
Pana

Seti's smartening up

Post by Pana » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:22 am

SETI Search Resumes at Allen Telescope Array, Targeting New Planets

ScienceDaily (Dec. 7, 2011) — The Allen Telescope Array (ATA) is once again searching planetary systems for signals that would be evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence. Among its first targets are some of the exoplanet candidates recently discovered by NASA's Kepler space telescope.

"This is a superb opportunity for SETI observations," said Jill Tarter, the Director of the Center for SETI Research at the SETI Institute. "For the first time, we can point our telescopes at stars, and know that those stars actually host planetary systems -- including at least one that begins to approximate an Earth analog in the habitable zone around its host star. That's the type of world that might be home to a civilization capable of building radio transmitters."

continued here: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 134852.htm
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

WatchDog

Re: Seti's smartening up

Post by WatchDog » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:23 am

its good all right but they get to litle fundings to do any real meaningful work, just saying this, the arms industry gets more. what if we would turn it around and give it to the science instead to do some meaning ful as this with it
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people. Carl Sagan

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:40 pm

Didn't we already do this in a different thread? Wait. Here- http://toasteddolphin.com/forum/viewtop ... =26&t=2062
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:43 pm

lkwalker wrote:Didn't we already do this in a different thread? Wait. Here- http://toasteddolphin.com/forum/viewtop ... =26&t=2062
Yeah, but then you posted in it and ruined it.

:mrgreen:

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:49 pm

Shaddup. How the hell are you? Freezing yiu're ass off up there in the north pole yet?

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:55 pm

lkwalker wrote:Shaddup. How the hell are you? Freezing yiu're ass off up there in the north pole yet?
Yes, freezing. And I hit my toe yesterday on my stoopid ergometer bike and it hurts like hell. Feel free to feel very sorry for me, hahaha.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:56 pm

Sounds like gout.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:02 pm

lkwalker wrote:Sounds like gout.
Hahaha, you bastard!

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Seriously. It's endemic in frigid climates. If the pain becomes throbbing and your toe gets red and swollen and hurts like someone drove a drywall screw in the big joint, you've got it! I've had it for years.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:36 pm

lkwalker wrote:Seriously. It's endemic in frigid climates. If the pain becomes throbbing and your toe gets red and swollen and hurts like someone drove a drywall screw in the big joint, you've got it! I've had it for years.
That sounds awful, sorry to hear it. But honestly, I just hit my toe really hard, I was hurrying to answer the phone and forgot I had moved the bike from it's usual place because I had cleaned the floor... OUCH!!!!