a merry xmas to all

Pana

Re: a merry xmas to all

Post by Pana » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:20 am

...cheery words spoken from the Philosopher in his chair.

:)
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

WatchDog

Post by WatchDog » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:24 am

lol i did go today an order an laptop for 339 euros. will get it after few weeks. thats my xmas gift to mys elf, so i can keep pester ppl on amkon ;) am i not nice.
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people. Carl Sagan

WatchDog

Post by WatchDog » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:26 am

i bought to my uncle soem fishing rods, (he is 93) he loves to fish, and for my sis i bought some CD`s for her collection, And then of course i did give some money for the poor in finland, (poor families, i gave 200 euro)
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people. Carl Sagan

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:59 pm

WatchDog wrote:i bought to my uncle soem fishing rods, (he is 93) he loves to fish, and for my sis i bought some CD`s for her collection, And then of course i did give some money for the poor in finland, (poor families, i gave 200 euro)

You're a good guy, WD. And wow, your uncle is 93 and still loves fishing, you have some great genes in you from your family!
Last edited by TraumaT on Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pana

Post by Pana » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:11 pm

Hey! Is ice fishing popular in Finland? I have fond memories of going with my grandfather, watching him cut a whole in the ice and then sitting on chairs around the hole, lines sunk through the hole and freezing our asses off as the wind blew across the lake.

Nowadays, they have these little, floorless houses that they tow on to the lakes to sit in. With heaters. Wimps.

-Albert Camus

WatchDog

Post by WatchDog » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:22 pm

Pana wrote:Hey! Is ice fishing popular in Finland? I have fond memories of going with my grandfather, watching him cut a whole in the ice and then sitting on chairs around the hole, lines sunk through the hole and freezing our asses off as the wind blew across the lake.

Nowadays, they have these little, floorless houses that they tow on to the lakes to sit in. With heaters. Wimps.

Yes its very populer the ice fishing, its the thirll of the bite you see, all you need is warm cloaths and warm drink.

Pana

Post by Pana » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Haha! Warm drink! My grandfather always had a mickey (flask) of whiskey in his shirt pocket (and in the garage, and under the floor boards and in his empty boots and in snow banks. He hid them from my grandmother who was very religious and teetotaler (non-drinker).

Do Finns use those little ice fishing houses now? Or is everyone still out in the open?

-Albert Camus

WatchDog

Post by WatchDog » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:49 pm

TraumaT wrote:
WatchDog wrote:i bought to my uncle soem fishing rods, (he is 93) he loves to fish, and for my sis i bought some CD`s for her collection, And then of course i did give some money for the poor in finland, (poor families, i gave 200 euro)

You're a good guy, WD. And wow, your uncle is 93 and still loves fishing, you have some great genes in you familie!
yup i know, and btw he drives as well, and he drives better than many of my friends. and genes i suppose they are good.And thanx for thinking im good, many thinks im a totally shit hahahaha, maybe ive had reasons for em to be that, im as any one else. Respect and you get Respect back. just saying what comes around go`s around :) that reminds me of this

and perhaps this allso ;)

WatchDog

Post by WatchDog » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:51 pm

Pana wrote:Haha! Warm drink! My grandfather always had a mickey (flask) of whiskey in his shirt pocket (and in the garage, and under the floor boards and in his empty boots and in snow banks. He hid them from my grandmother who was very religious and teetotaler (non-drinker).

Do Finns use those little ice fishing houses now? Or is everyone still out in the open?
lol we still drill holes in the ice, remember we arent as you guys in North America ;)

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Yes its very populer the ice fishing, its the thirll of the bite you see, all you need is warm cloaths and warm drink.
It takes six Finns to ice fish, one to cut a hole in the ice, and five to stuff the boat in.
Credo quia absurdum.