Fukushima and the future

Royal

Re: Fukushima and the future

Post by Royal » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:47 am

Pana wrote:There was quite a few that went to Paraguay, Uruguay and Argentina.

As a matter of fact, Bnai Brith is pursuing a 90 something year old bee keeper in Quebec saying he's a WW2 nazi that turned the machine gun on people (Jews) escaping from a burning barn.

I haven't heard about the declassified documents concerning Hitler though.

I don't know if Hitler would have the ego to be able to want to survive his failure.
True. After all , it would make him a hypocrite that he had his own solgiers entrenched/buried in the streets to fight during Nazi Germany's last days.

I was just surprised to hear Jon Stewart on the Daily show bring up Hitler and Argentina. Didn't know that theory was popular enough to be mentioned.

I can imagine some high ranking people making the trip regardless.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:55 pm

Royal wrote:Have you guys seen the declassified FBI files concerning Hitler in Argentina? Supposedly he escaped Germany via UBoat. Not so far fetched when so many forged their past and came over through other countries.
Link?
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:04 am

Fascinating stuff. I read the first several pages and I'm hooked!
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Royal

Post by Royal » Tue May 08, 2012 9:22 pm

FUK
Anti-nuclear physician Dr. Helen Caldicott says that if fuel pool 4 collapses, she will evacuate her family from Boston and move them to the Southern Hemisphere. This is an especially dramatic statement given that the West Coast is much more directly in the path of Fukushima radiation than the East Coast.

And on April 15, nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen said in a KGO radio interview (at 25:00): “There’s more cesium in that [Unit 4] fuel pool than in all 800 nuclear bombs exploded above ground…But of course it would happen all at once. It would certainly destroy Japan as a functioning country. Move south of the equator if that ever happened, I think that’s probably the lesson there.”
http://www.kurzweilai.net/fukushima-fue ... g-humanity

Royal

Post by Royal » Tue May 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Royal

Post by Royal » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:55 am

Tens of thousands of people packed Tokyo’s Yoyogi Park yesterday for Japan’s biggest anti-nuclear rally since the Fukushima disaster last year in growing protests against government moves to restart atomic reactors.

Speakers at the demonstration, which broke up at 1:30 p.m. into three separate marches through Japan’s capital, included Nobel laureate Kenzaburo Oe and musician Ryuichi Sakamoto, who wrote the score for the movie “Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence.”

Japan’s Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda angered nuclear opponents last month when he approved the restart of two reactors at Kansai Electric Power Co. (9503)’s Ohi plant, which were shutdown along with other units for safety checks after the meltdown and radiation release from the wrecked Fukushima station. A Mainichi newspaper poll on June 4 showed as many as 71 percent of Japanese opposed the restart.

“The government allowed the Ohi nuclear reactors to restart and it’s going to allow more reactors to restart. We feel we are insulted by the government,” said Oe in his speech to the rally. “We have to stop the government’s plan,” said Oe, 77, who received the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1994.
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-0 ... g-protests

Pana

Post by Pana » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:28 pm

Outside of nuclear energy, what are Japan's options? I'll go and read up on it.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Pana

Post by Pana » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Japan has few domestic energy resources and is only 16 percent energy self-sufficient. It is the
third largest oil consumer in the world behind the United States and China and the third-largest
net importer of crude oil. It is the world's largest importer of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and
second largest importer of coal. In light of the country’s lack of sufficient domestic hydrocarbon
resources, Japanese energy companies have actively pursued participation in upstream oil and
natural gas projects overseas and provide engineering, construction, financial, and project
management services for energy projects around the world. Japan is one of the major exporters
of energy-sector capital equipment, and has a strong energy research and development (R&D)
program supported by the government, which pursues energy efficiency measures domestically in
order to increase the country’s energy security and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.

continued here: http://205.254.135.7/EMEU/cabs/Japan/pdf.pdf
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Royal

Post by Royal » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:40 pm

日本人は技術では信じられないです。多分これは彼らが他の情報源を求めるのに役立ちます。