A Mini Universe

TraumaT

Re: A Mini Universe

Post by TraumaT » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:17 pm

Egg wrote:
That's the truth. Shamans from all cultures have known this for a long, long time.
Yeah, well, some of us like a more scientific approach to things.

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:17 pm

TraumaT wrote:
Ozfactor wrote:
Monks and those that use psychedelics find other realities and life forms all the time. We really don't need machines, toys or the ideas of others in order to travel and find answers to our burning questions.

I'll inform NASA that they don't have to bother with that new Mars rover anymore. They can just take some "psychedelics", sit back and wait for the colors. The colors!
A lot cheaper and safer. Perhaps if NASA wasn't spending so much on not getting past earths orbit we could better a few things down here.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:20 pm

Ozfactor wrote:
A lot cheaper and safer. Perhaps if NASA wasn't spending so much on not getting past earths orbit we could better a few things down here.
Not past Earth's orbit? Have you heard about Voyager? Or what about Spriit and Opportunity, the two amazing rovers already on Mars?

You talk nonsense.

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Nothing wrong with science, nothing wrong with shamanism either in my opinion.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:23 pm

Egg wrote:Nothing wrong with science, nothing wrong with shamanism either in my opinion.

Well, shutting down space exploration because shamans or monks with psychedelics have all the answers anyway, does not strike me as a very intelligent idea....

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:24 pm

TraumaT wrote:
Ozfactor wrote:
Not past Earth's orbit? Have you heard about Voyager? Or what about Spriit and Opportunity, the two amazing rovers already on Mars?

You talk nonsense.
Now compare the rover missions to those of the shuttle missions. Have the rover missions provided us down here any real progression? They do provide some very nice images and atmospheric readings.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:25 pm

That's fine. I never said to shut down anything.

Although, David Cross (comedian) said something I find to be brilliant:

"We can put a man on the moon but cannot put a homeless person in an apartment."

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:25 pm

TraumaT wrote:
Egg wrote:Nothing wrong with science, nothing wrong with shamanism either in my opinion.

Well, shutting down space exploration because shamans or monks with psychedelics have all the answers anyway, does not strike me as a very intelligent idea....
Did someone suggest shutting down space exploration?
Emerson

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Ozfactor wrote:
TraumaT wrote:
Ozfactor wrote:

You talk nonsense.
Now compare the rover missions to those of the shuttle missions. Have the rover missions provided us down here any real progression? They do provide some very nice images and atmospheric readings.
To be fair, we can't know what any exploration into space will bring us until we explore.

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:30 pm

Egg wrote:
Ozfactor wrote:
TraumaT wrote:
Ozfactor wrote:

You talk nonsense.
To be fair, we can't know what any exploration into space will bring us until we explore.
Perhaps it is meant that we go no further than we have scientifically. Look at what science has accomplished here in our own back yards. We hardly made it to the first grade cosmically speaking.

We don't use the laws of science to explore, it is used to exploit.
Emerson