A Mini Universe

Egg

Re: A Mini Universe

Post by Egg » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Ozfactor wrote:We don't use the laws of science to explore, it is used to exploit.
Yeah, once the scientists who just loves science finds something that can be exploited or used to exploit that is exactly what happens.

It's the culture, unfortunately.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Ozfactor wrote:
Now compare the rover missions to those of the shuttle missions. Have the rover missions provided us down here any real progression? They do provide some very nice images and atmospheric readings.
Educate yourself. Those images are very important tools to understand the geology of Mars. Also the RAT (rock abravation tool) is an important instrument, it allows for taking a look at rocks under the layers of dust.

And exploring the Mars geology can tell us about this planet's past. You don't find it interesting that Mars once had vast oceans, that there still may be vast oceans under the surface, oceans where there may be unknown life forms?

Well, I do.

Here you can educate yourself about the Mars rovers if you want to:
http://marsrovers.nasa.gov/home/index.html

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:39 pm

TraumaT wrote:
Ozfactor wrote:
Now compare the rover missions to those of the shuttle missions. Have the rover missions provided us down here any real progression? They do provide some very nice images and atmospheric readings.
Educate yourself. Those images are very important tools to understand the geology of Mars. Also the RAT (rock abravation tool) is an important instrument, it allows for taking a look at rocks under the layers of dust.

And exploring the Mars geology can tell us about this planet's past. You don't find it interesting that Mars once had vast oceans, that there still may be vast oceans under the surface, oceans where there may be unknown life forms?

Well, I do.

Here you can educate yourself about the Mars rovers if you want to:
http://marsrovers.nasa.gov/home/index.html
Just how much of this space exploration are you paying for TT? And again I ask...how have we progressed from these findings.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:41 pm

lkwalker wrote:
As to the questions of 'where they (ETs) come from' and 'what do they want from us' we have no convincing answers as of this time- aside from the informed speculations of such UFOlogists as David Jacobs and Ray Fowler based on the content of the RH memories of the abductees themselves. That is the conundrum in a nutshell.

The 'where do they come from' question is perhaps the most critical issue in the field. Aside from Betty Hill's 'star map' we have little to go on- but the possibilities are many. UTH, ETH, Inter Dimensional Hypothesis, ]Time Travel, Demonology- you name it- have all been proposed. I'd add to that my own speculation of ITH- Inner Terrestrial Hypothesis- that visiting civilizations originate in micro cosmic, rather than macro cosmic, space. I'm of the opinion that all of these hypotheses apply- that life is ubiquitous throughout the universe, throughout both temporal and physical dimensions- and that it was only a matter of time that our little popsicle stand of a planet would inevitably be discovered and invaded by the entire continuum of possible civilizations. Why, I'd ask, would any enlightened thinker dismiss such a probability under the assumption that the state of our 'knowledge' somehow qualifies as profoundly informative of 'truth?'- while even the most elementary questions concerning the nature and meaning of our own existence remain cloyingly unanswered.
Saturday at 4:50pm · Like
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Ozfactor wrote:
Just how much of this space exploration are you paying for TT? And again I ask...how have we progressed from these findings.
There is actually something called ESA (European Space Agency), which receives some of my tax money. The must resent number I could find was from 2003, then Norway contributed 200 million NOK to ESA. I am sure the yearly amount is much larger now.

And if you don't consider accumulating solid facts and knowledge about the universe we live in to be progress... What can I say?
Last edited by TraumaT on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:48 pm

foolish, foolish humans.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:49 pm

lkwalker wrote:foolish, foolish humans.
Well, was THAT directed at me?

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Hold on, I'm keeping a tally.

I think the multiverse should do away with sentient life.

We're not all we're cracked up to be.

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:53 pm

TraumaT wrote:
Ozfactor wrote:
There is actually something called ESA (European Space Agency), which receives some of my tax money. The must resent number I could find was from 2003, then Norway contributed 200 million NOK to ESA. I am sure the yearly amount is much larger now.

And if you don't consider accumulating solid facts and knowledge about the universe we live in to be progress... What can I say?
Our definitions of progress simply differ. I suggest that we progress down here before aiming our un-biased and un-polluted intentions out there.

When the thoughts of space exploration come to mind for me I always get a picture in my head of all the trash we are leaving behind in a yard we haven't been invited into.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:54 pm

I'd post a Carlin video now but I can't.