Knowledge

lkwalker

Re: Knowledge

Post by lkwalker » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:07 am

Well you're wrong. Now shut the fuck up before i come out there and beat your ass with a willow branch.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:09 am

lkwalker wrote:Well you're wrong. Now shut the fuck up before i come out there and beat your ass with a willow branch.
You really are Old Testament ;)

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:11 am

Watch your asses.

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:12 am

IndicusMaximus wrote:
Dr Exile wrote:
I believe that the Catholic Doctrine is in essence most likely the most pure and simple formula to recieve the original teachings of the revelations of Jesus Christ.
Yes, The Apostles' Creed spells it out with clear poetic simplicity.
I was of the opinion for the longest time that this language was purely symbolic and had no actual literal meaning.... just various stages of "awakening" within a person seeking enlightenment.

However, there is the old axiom of "As Above, So below". So even IF this WAS played out on a personal scale... the Hermetic Axiom would dictate that it must play out on all other scales, from personal.... to National.... to Global.... Galactic.... Universal..... the Cosmic Christ principle.

So as much as we reflect the Life of Christ personally, there is nothing in either Catholic nor Esoteric philosophy which would refute that the Life of Christ wasn't an acting out of that same principal on a more species-wide scale....
You read the Kybalion, Indiee?

IndicusMaximus

Post by IndicusMaximus » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:12 am

In the end... what novelty that a Christ figure would introduce into our reality would "atone for sins", "judge the living and dead", and things of this nature simply because the Universe would be incarnating in full awareness of itself on a smaller scale and that would expand the "territory" within which that scale was working. The smaller scale would become universal, and the universal scale would then have the momentum itself to expand many times itself. It would remove the "loops and entanglements" we encounter when we reach a certain level of artistic, scientific, spiritual, philosophical, and evolutionary development.... one where humanity if left to its own devices would never escape from.... would descend into madness and destroy itself.

Christ as an evolutionary mechanism.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they will see God.

Under the shadow of thy wings, Jehovah.

IndicusMaximus

Post by IndicusMaximus » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:13 am

Egg wrote:
IndicusMaximus wrote:
Dr Exile wrote:
I believe that the Catholic Doctrine is in essence most likely the most pure and simple formula to recieve the original teachings of the revelations of Jesus Christ.
I was of the opinion for the longest time that this language was purely symbolic and had no actual literal meaning.... just various stages of "awakening" within a person seeking enlightenment.

However, there is the old axiom of "As Above, So below". So even IF this WAS played out on a personal scale... the Hermetic Axiom would dictate that it must play out on all other scales, from personal.... to National.... to Global.... Galactic.... Universal..... the Cosmic Christ principle.

So as much as we reflect the Life of Christ personally, there is nothing in either Catholic nor Esoteric philosophy which would refute that the Life of Christ wasn't an acting out of that same principal on a more species-wide scale....
Is that by L. Ron Hubbard?

Short answer: nope
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they will see God.

Under the shadow of thy wings, Jehovah.

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:15 am

IndicusMaximus wrote:
Egg wrote:
IndicusMaximus wrote:
Dr Exile wrote:

Is that by L. Ron Hubbard?

Short answer: nope
Nah, it's a book about the principles of Hermetics. The 7 laws. I think you'd like it. As above so below being one of the laws.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:19 am

one where humanity if left to its own devices would never escape from.... would descend into madness and destroy itself.
The old testament is a history of mans inability to follow God's law. When man sinned, he would atone for his sin with a sacrifice.

God became man, and was sacrificed to atone all sin for all mankind forever.
Credo quia absurdum.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:21 am

I don't buy it.

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:23 am

Don't buy which part?