Week 15

Royal

Week 15

Post by Royal » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:35 am

Redskins' mess is all on Dan Snyder
Washington owner can learn from Falcons that maintaining boundaries is a must

Perception is everything.

Is Daniel Snyder too close to Robert Griffin III? Does Snyder provide special perks to his franchise quarterback? Has the owner empowered Griffin as the second-most important member of the Washington Redskins franchise, more important than even the head coach?

It doesn't matter. What matters is that Redskins coach Mike Shanahan reportedly thinks so. A source told ESPN.com's Dan Graziano that Shanahan has grown weary of the way Snyder "openly esteemed" Griffin above all other players, and the coach told people close to him that he thinks Snyder's behavior with regard to Griffin is a "complete farce."

That is a problem.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10120 ... boundaries

Pigeon

Re: Week 15

Post by Pigeon » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:00 am

So much for team. Is it his belief that this is how to create a winning team?

Royal

Post by Royal » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:57 am

Chargers did a great job keeping Manning off the field.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:12 am

Wow, they shut them down. I like it.
The Broncos had only 13 yards on 13 plays in the second and third quarters combined.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:17 am

Yep, I see the background to the previous RGIII - Owner - Coach fiasco.

Washington Redskins QB RGIII extremely angry

Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III put on a brave face during Wednesday's news conference announcing his benching, but it's now clear that he's more than just confused by coach Mike Shanahan's decision to pull the plug on his season.

Appearing on Thursday's edition of "NFL Total Access Kickoff," NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport said that Griffin is, in fact, "extremely angry" to be shut down for health reasons.

And it turns out, owner Daniel Snyder was actually "receptive" to Shanahan's idea of preserving the franchise quarterback to ensure a full offseason, NFL Media columnist Michael Silver said.

The fissure between head coach and owner originated when Snyder surrendered a "king's ransom" for the opportunity to draft Griffin, Silver reported. Contrary to previous speculation, Snyder -- not Shanahan -- was the "impetus" behind the blockbuster trade, per Silver.

That dynamic between quarterback and owner has led to a lack of trust between Shanahan and Griffin.

Royal

Post by Royal » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:30 am

Pigeon wrote:Yep, I see the background to the previous RGIII - Owner - Coach fiasco.

Washington Redskins QB RGIII extremely angry

Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III put on a brave face during Wednesday's news conference announcing his benching, but it's now clear that he's more than just confused by coach Mike Shanahan's decision to pull the plug on his season.

Appearing on Thursday's edition of "NFL Total Access Kickoff," NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport said that Griffin is, in fact, "extremely angry" to be shut down for health reasons.

And it turns out, owner Daniel Snyder was actually "receptive" to Shanahan's idea of preserving the franchise quarterback to ensure a full offseason, NFL Media columnist Michael Silver said.

The fissure between head coach and owner originated when Snyder surrendered a "king's ransom" for the opportunity to draft Griffin, Silver reported. Contrary to previous speculation, Snyder -- not Shanahan -- was the "impetus" behind the blockbuster trade, per Silver.

That dynamic between quarterback and owner has led to a lack of trust between Shanahan and Griffin.

Rigged. Maybe they are looking for a good draft spot or paid off by Dallas/NFL. Dallas are now in contention with Philly - who lost the starting QB (vick).

With RGIII out, we can see whether the coaching or RGIII is at fault (to an extent).

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:47 am

They want to show case the backup and hope to trade him for a draft pick. Good luck with that one.

Royal

Post by Royal » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:50 am

Just realized this whole time I could of used TD bot to decide my fantasy player choices.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:55 am

Royal wrote:Just realized this whole time I could of used TD bot to decide my fantasy player choices.
Never let a bot do what you can do yourself. :) Well, at least if it is important.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:01 am

Wonder if the texans will continue the losing streak.