Mery Killing - Yay or Nay?

lkwalker

Re: Mery Killing - Yay or Nay?

Post by lkwalker » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:03 pm

At some point all Commies progress to Anarchy. We need not simply own the means of production but rather Everything.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:11 pm

lkwalker wrote:At some point all Commies progress to Anarchy. We need not simply own the means of production but rather Everything.
Anarchy is a childish dream. Anarchy would turn society into a hellish version of "The Lord of the Flies". Human nature can not be changed, the strong will always pray on the weak, and without any kind of rules in place the most psychopathic among the strong would quickly rise to be ruthless tyrants.

I'll stick to being a pinko commie.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:13 pm

Proud to be a pinko commie.
TT is a piss ant, TT is a piss ant, nah nah nah nah nah. :-P
Credo quia absurdum.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Dr Exile wrote:
Proud to be a pinko commie.
TT is a piss ant, TT is a piss ant, nah nah nah nah nah. :-P
Hahahaha!

But to my defense, I am only a piss ant part of the time. My main commitment is to being a bitch.

:mrgreen:

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:17 pm

Human nature can not be changed
if i believed that i'd donate myself to the merry killing syndrome. and the first life i'd take would be my own.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:20 pm

lkwalker wrote:
Human nature can not be changed
if i believed that i'd donate myself to the merry killing syndrome. and the first life i'd take would be my own.
Well, that would be a bummer.

Good thing you should never listen to me (or Mrs. Pam), then. Follow your own advice and save your life, hahaha.

Pana

Post by Pana » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:42 pm

Hey, itai...

I believe that life should not be preserved at all costs. I believe in death with dignity. I believe that the push to keep people alive is directly linked with the expansion of medical care - which doesn't necessarily mean living with a quality of life but being kept just alive. I believe in naturally sucumbing to your death - not trying to beat it.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

SweetGrass

Post by SweetGrass » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Pana wrote:Hey, itai...

I believe that life should not be preserved at all costs. I believe in death with dignity. I believe that the push to keep people alive is directly linked with the expansion of medical care - which doesn't necessarily mean living with a quality of life but being kept just alive. I believe in naturally sucumbing to your death - not trying to beat it.
  Well said  

We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:07 pm

Quality of life should not be massively increased just to exist, IMO. I agree.

itai
Fashion Show

Post by itai » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:18 am

lkwalker wrote:why is this thread called merry killing anyway? what the hell's up the Itai?
sorry for abandoning the thread ahaha I was pretty busy today.

I understand that you can not be convicted if you are dead lol

My real question here is, does someone not possess the right to receive physician-assisted suicide if they are terminally ill with no quality of life? Is someone in that position capable of making those sort of choices and should they even be able to?

I think that if someone doesnt want to live through the rest of their disease and feels hurt for putting their family through it all and yet can not hang themselves or whatever because that would be very traumatizing to their family... they should be entitled to make the choice. Maybe it could even be something predetermined in a living will.. I recently filled out a living will and it says on their would I want to be euthanised if it became legal lol