I'm A (NICE) Volunteer Moderator - Ask Me Anything...

TD NEWS

Re: I'm A (NICE) Volunteer Moderator - Ask Me Anything...

Post by TD NEWS » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:58 am

ATTENTION OWNERS!: I made a mistake last night telling you to make the choice of Username colour "even darker" !!! I was thinking in terms of how it would look on the OTHER version (silver ) of the board. Now that I am using the cooler 'Dark' version I have realised that if you DID make Usernames darker they still wouldn't show against an already dark backbround!!! :facepalm: So...I recommend sticking with the new choice of colour, owner-dude! :cool:

Thanks very much for having made the change you did, man! It helps SOOOO much!! :love:

TD NEWS.
ICELAND

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:14 pm

There is a method to the madness...

TD NEWS

Post by TD NEWS » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:52 pm

^ I promise — my madness can be preeetty methodic, dude! :D

I really think you have cracked it, actually: KEEP Usernames the shade they now ARE!!!

You NEED to try to placecthe posting buttons ('Submit', 'Preview', 'Save Draft', 'Cancel') DIRECTLY UNDER the text box (this one) when users are typing replies! You need to start thinking in terms of how the "GROWING number" of mobile device users' experience on here. The posting buttons in question are positioned far too low at the moment...
You also need to switch the relative postions of the 'Preview' and 'Submit' buttons — they simply need to move into each-other's current location (from left to right-from right to left). :love:
Last edited by TD NEWS on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ICELAND

TD NEWS

Post by TD NEWS » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:54 pm

DOOOOOH!
DOOOOOH!
1675508821.jpg (32.43 KiB) Viewed 149 times
ICELAND

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:23 am

The buttons are under the boxes. I know you are trying to help but why are you trying to change so much here.

In procedure, preview would come before post.

You do realize there are two different reply methods, quick and the full edit with BB code, etc.

TD NEWS

Post by TD NEWS » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:55 pm

^ I'm very familliar with fora and made some valid suggestions, sir. I know typical posting procedure but my idea to switch the 'Post' and 'Preview' buttons would be more in-tune with right-handed people. The way it is at the moment is the way left-handed users would would arrange the buttons in question.

Regarding your comment about these (posting) buttons: well...a *growing* number of CT Forum users are accessing these places with mobile devices and HALF (the lower half) of the screen is already occupied by the keyboard! This means that the posting buttons don't even show on the screen and therfore DO need re-locating to DIRCTLY underneath the text box (that we use to type rplies in). Just do it, dude.

The fact that MyBB softwear provides two replying methods is irrelevant to this discussion, actually. :facepalm:
ICELAND

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:33 pm

The fact that MyBB softwear provides two replying methods is irrelevant to this discussion, actually.
Actually it might since there are extra fields on the full one. When I get some time I'll try to move the submit buttons up on the full editor page, over those check boxes. Mybb = not here. Different software.

You points do have merit.

TD NEWS

Post by TD NEWS » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:46 pm

^ Thanks, dude. Remember to review my few comments (made on this thread) when you address the layout issues I mentioned. Yeah, this is phpBB! I remembered that this morning but thought "what the heck" !

Just relocate the buttons *DIRECTLY* below the text box we use to type replies/threads. Maybe try to put a bit more space between each of these posting buttons. That would work very good. Remember to swith the positions of the two buttons I pointed out, aswell. I SWEAR this site (or sections of it) was designed by a left-handed programmer! :facepalm:

Okay! I like this forum, however it made me cringe when you said you permabanned "loads" of Registered Members for being disrespectful to the board. You should have put them on a temporary two-week ban instead, friend. It'll be tough trying to attract people back here now because more and more forums have been opening very lately...

Toasted Dolphin is a VERY smart-looking forum and deserves at least 50-100 users at peak times...
ICELAND

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:14 pm

Okay! I like this forum, however it made me cringe when you said you permabanned "loads" of Registered Members for being disrespectful to the board.
Not the case. Some founding members desired that 2 people not come here and recreate their havoc from another forum.

One person got banned later for some over the top stuff.

Lots of people wandered off because they missed the drama and food fights which everyone expected that this place would be free from. It's just people being people.

The dreamed up tales of the beings of this place were a big hoot.

TD NEWS

Post by TD NEWS » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:42 pm

^ Oooowh! I guess you must have failed to make that all clear last week, then. :facepalm: The new RedPilled Forum had a great start but then the "founding members" *DEMANDED* a later member than themselves (by like, a few weeks lol!) be permabanned from the site simply for not joining the Jew Dilgence sicophant club! If I were the owner of this (or any other forum) I definately would NOT let so-called "founding members" set the agenda for the place! Constructive criticism is good, and I do it myself(!), but always being on the receiving and of their orders isn't good. Period!
You see...you listened to te control freaks but then lost everyone in the process! Silly mistake! I bet Ghetto Monk doesn't do THAT! Disturbed wouldn't, neither...

I sympathise with you trying to keep this place serious, Owner-Dude. It's *very* difficult isn't it...?! We ALL love seeing shedloads of folks on the 'Users Online' clock posting interesting threads, but keeping them all well-behaved is something alltogether different! Yeah...without discipline MOST people will start behaving like overgrown kids, given a chance and the time...
ICELAND