Deepwater Horizon BP analysis

Pigeon

Re: Deepwater Horizon BP analysis

Post by Pigeon » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:12 am

Several investigations found multiple causes for the accident, including faulty cementing of the well. Prosecutors argued that Mr. Vidrine, the night rig supervisor, and Robert Kaluza, the day rig supervisor, botched a pressure test before the explosion that could have warned the oil workers to stop their operation to avert the blowout. The two were charged with manslaughter.

But the manslaughter charges against Mr. Vidrine were dropped when he agreed to plead guilty to a misdemeanor pollution charge in 2015 and testify against Mr. Kaluza. Mr. Kaluza chose to go to trial and was acquitted last year.

During Mr. Kaluza’s trial, Mr. Vidrine testified that Mr. Kaluza had neglected to give him vital information about the pressure test, which was intended to demonstrate whether two cement plugs and drilling mud below the ocean floor could withstand the pressure of oil and gas farther down in the well, below the seafloor.

You have 4 free articles remaining.
Subscribe to The Times

Mr. Kaluza’s defense lawyer said his client had stopped work on the well before his shift ended and was off duty when Mr. Vidrine decided to proceed with the drilling operation.

Link

Man A: Not me
Man B: Not me

OK, no one is really guilty of anything.

Royal

Post by Royal » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:51 am

They should include this event in a Forest Gump remake.

Where and Asperger's Forest hears about rushing the drill plans in a bar.

Scene:

"latah on, I seen that rig on the news. It was on far."

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:28 pm

He could rescue a BP guy and ask him why he set it on fire.

Royal

Post by Royal » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:18 pm

That interaction is funnier.