I'd rather be....

Pam
Princess Feet

Re: I'd rather be....

Post by Pam » Mon May 09, 2011 7:48 pm

SweetGrass wrote:
lkwalker wrote:That's way too contemplative for our tastes. But i'll just add- in BC you gotta put up with Canucks and in Oz you gotta put up with Ockers. Jamaica here I come.
I've never met a Canuck I didn't like though.

Vancouver is a lot like San Francisco & Portland (where I have spent most of my life) in a lot of ways. I guess, I'd just want to live in a place like home, but where I won't put myself into thousands of dollars of debt to get my friggin' teeth fixed or to fix this problem I've been having with my ear. Plus, I'd be able to visit Pam. :D

:D If you ever find your way up here to Vancouver, that would be a definite!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat

Post by Kat » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:22 am

Kiribati is a country that is unlikely to develop economically before it disappears.
If I could get any animal it would be a dolphin. I want one bad. Me and my mom went swimming with dolphins. I was like, 'How do we get one of those?' and she was like, 'You can't get a dolphin. What are you gonna do, put it in your pool?' Miley Cyrus

Pana

Post by Pana » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:29 pm

SweetGrass wrote:
lkwalker wrote:That's way too contemplative for our tastes. But i'll just add- in BC you gotta put up with Canucks and in Oz you gotta put up with Ockers. Jamaica here I come.
I've never met a Canuck I didn't like though.

Vancouver is a lot like San Francisco & Portland (where I have spent most of my life) in a lot of ways. I guess, I'd just want to live in a place like home, but where I won't put myself into thousands of dollars of debt to get my friggin' teeth fixed or to fix this problem I've been having with my ear. Plus, I'd be able to visit Pam. :D

Sweetgrass, a few things that you should be aware of. It could be just an inner ear infection but it could also be a few other things that are more serious. Hearing your heart, hearing your footsteps, hearing your eyes blink, etcetera are symptoms of superior canal dishisience. Also check out Meneire's disease.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:48 pm

I'll have to look into that myself, the last time Ash looked in my ear, she saw the cat looking in the other ear.
Credo quia absurdum.

Professor Geezer

Post by Professor Geezer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:57 pm

The cat was looking for mice.
A pearl is the result of victory over irritation.

Kat

Post by Kat » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:21 am

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgh48g ... shortfilms

Is it possible to embed this video about anthropology?
If I could get any animal it would be a dolphin. I want one bad. Me and my mom went swimming with dolphins. I was like, 'How do we get one of those?' and she was like, 'You can't get a dolphin. What are you gonna do, put it in your pool?' Miley Cyrus

Set

Post by Set » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:24 pm

TraumaT wrote:
SweetGrass wrote:
Egg, it's like there's water in my ear and I can hear my own heartbeat. It's constant. My heart beats faster, it gets louder. It's been like that since I got a cold 6 months ago. But, I don't think there's water in there. I think something is messed up. :?

http://www.myhomeremedies.com/topic.cgi?topicid=276
Better still go to a doctor and ask him to syringe your ears out.
"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong". ---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

SweetGrass

Post by SweetGrass » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:32 pm

Ha! Doctor! Other than my pregnancies, the last doctor I saw was when I was 15. Insurance is crazy expensive.

Thanks for the ideas though. I keep forgetting to pick up hydrogen peroxide at the store. I think I'm used to the noise now.
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter

Set

Post by Set » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:10 am

SweetGrass wrote:Well, the U.N. bases their findings on average life expectancy, infant mortality rate, literacy rate and GDP. I agree that a country can be rated best or worst based on those things.
After Iceland, the next nine best places to live are: Norway, Australia, Canada, Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland, Japan, the Netherlands, and France. The United States came in 12th, a drop from eighth place in 2006.
This was written before the earthquake in Japan, of course.

Weather is an important factor for me, personally. Also, language spoken. I know this is silly, but I have this big fear of being lost or in trouble in a place where English isn't the first language and the signs aren't in English. I've actually had a couple nightmares about it. With that being said, I'd have to pick Australia or Canada, specifically Victoria, Australia and BC, Canada for the less extreme weather. I don't like snow or hot weather, lol.
Hey Toots, what do you know about Victoria, my home state?
"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong". ---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

SweetGrass

Post by SweetGrass » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:52 pm

I know it's the furthest state from the equator. lol
We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities. - Prentice Ritter