Coup attempt in US by Trump and followers

Pigeon

Re: Coup attempt in US by Trump and followers

Post by Pigeon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:09 pm

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:20 pm

As a pro-Trump mob stormed the US Capitol on Wednesday, President Donald Trump defended the insurrectionists to White House aides, an administration official told The Washington Post.

"He kept saying ... My people are peaceful. My people aren't thugs," the unnamed official said, adding that Trump did not want to say anything about the ransacking.

According to The Post, aides were astonished at Trump's slow and unwilling response to the violence, with one calling the president "total monster."

While aides eventually persuaded Trump to record a video, he reportedly went against their wishes and ad-libbed sections of the speech, continuing to push the false claim that he won the 2020 election.

Aide describes the president as a 'total monster' who refused to act as Congress was stormed

In the video, Trump told his supporters: "This was a fraudulent election, but we can't play into the hands of these people. We have to have peace. So go home. We love you; you're very special."

That video has since gotten him temporarily locked out of Twitter.

Twitter said Trump had removed the tweets that led to his suspension from the platform, and the president will get his account back after a 12-hour block.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:30 pm

Me thinks, you cannot claim to be a patriot if you’re charging the US Capitol waving confederate flag

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities” - Voltaire

Not just Confederate flags. There were also flags for Kekistan, the Three Percenters, Identity Europa, and a host of other white nationalist organizations.

THESE WERE ACTUAL NAZIS IN THE US CAPITAL.

Confederates are the least of our problems.

Has anyone considered the possibility everyone who supports Trump is factually, objectively, fucking stupid?

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:21 pm

We're storming the Capitol, it's a revolution. Turns out it is too difficult. haha

"What? They might spray Mace? I'm out."

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:03 pm

Capitol shooting

Imagine serving 14 years, 4 combat tours only to finally come home, spend time with your husband and kid, then abandon them to die in the name of the shittiest president to ever exist.

Link

Royal

Post by Royal » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:35 am

Royal

Post by Royal » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:55 am

Let me know if you see more hypocrisy or weird stuff:

-Blue Lives Matter and Proud Boys screaming and fighting with cops.
-The same groups shaming BLM for rioting carried out the same behavior.
-A paramilitary police force didn't show up for this one.
-A good chance that Police that are Trump supporters were being yelled at and fought with Trump supporters.
-Jesus banners flown, as if Trump had parallels to religion and the bible
-Gun rights activists surprised that Secret Service level agents opened fire to defend the Capitol.

This was a magical gathering of Jerry Springer guests.

Event Summary:
America Reputation Value: 0 out of 5
Entertainment Value: 5 out of 5

We remain the undisputed leader of entertainment and distraction.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:04 pm

Trump mentions his order in speech as he whips up MAGA fan for attack on Capitol.

"I just had the privilege of signing a very strong Executive Order protecting American Monuments, Memorials, and Statues - and combatting recent Criminal Violence," Trump wrote on Twitter on June 26. "Long prison terms for these lawless acts against our Great Country!"

I guess all those people figured it would not apply to them.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:26 pm

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:56 pm

Trump cost the Republicans the House, Senate and Presidency. Trump did it ... he made America great again. :)