Man's future

Pigeon

Man's future

Post by Pigeon » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:13 pm

AlphaTerminal

There's a fascinating thought experiment proposed by Francis Fukuyama around this concept.

Once it becomes possible to alter the human genome with custom DNA, what is stopping people with wealth/power/means from altering their children's DNA to make them harder/better/faster/stronger?

How does the concept of "all [people] are created equal" factor into this?

Since that is literally the underpinning of democracy, and it is now scientifically provable that all people are definitely not created equal, what happens to democracy?

MLK said the arc of history bends towards justice. But that makes a lot of assumptions that we all "hold these truths to be self evident" when they will clearly no longer be self evident.

Without the guiding hand of humans holding a shared belief in equal justice the arc of history is actually one of the strong dominating and destroying the weak.

Just ask the Neanderthals how they fared when interacting with homo sapiens.

What emerges on the other side of that transformation will be Homo Superior or something like that, and Homo sapiens as a species will cease to exist, other than perhaps as something like slave labor.

This seems way too logical to not happen. We already have much of society in the mindset.

Royal

Re: Man's future

Post by Royal » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:07 am

There’s a deep part of my mind when I fit the tin foil hat on... that genetic manipulation occurs in the occult. That there might be a subset of humans that have discovered the secrets of dna, maybe they discovered this in a civilation long ago, or working along a much high civilation on earth. They can live forever and take on any forms. Appear in two places at once. Either way, I want in to this secret society if it exist.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:21 am

that genetic manipulation occurs in the occult.
The Vatican. Didn't turn out well. (see religion)

Royal

Post by Royal » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:49 pm

This morning, I read the subject line of this thread as “mans furniture”

Was hoping for a elegant coffee table, but got this discussion on Vatican controlled shapeshifting technology...

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:44 pm

Hmm. No wooden cross mentioned?