Post by Pigeon » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:21 pm

Walker Texas Danger. LOL.

Pigeon

Re: US Idiocracy levels up

Post by Pigeon » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:38 pm

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:03 pm

Troll or not? I think just someone who is misses the big picture.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:33 pm

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:19 pm

A Trump dictatorship is increasingly inevitable. We should stop pretending.

He wants to be and is backed by a party and many but may be the instructional version. Certainly showing the next would be dictator what needs to be done. This next presidential cycle will show whether we are on the way or people have seen what is happening and are going to 'say no' to it.
I’m more worried about the precedents that have been set. Also, we’ve learned a lot about the American public. If millions of people can look at Donald Trump and see an honest man who cares about the working class, a God loving man of integrity… it’s frightening.
-reddit
I don’t think they genuinely think of him as god loving or a man of integrity. That’s the wool they pull over their own eyes - a lie they tell themselves and others to create a sort of plausible deniability against accusations of being motivated by racism, sexism, xenophobia, transphobia, classism, et cetera. At least that’s what I perceive w all my maga family.
Iranian here. I remember 1978 when my parents, the upper class and the Iranian media said, “Are you serious? Ayatollah Khomeini replacing the shah? That’s all doom and gloom bullshit.“ Well, here we are 45 years later with a bunch of theocratic assholes shitting all over 80 million people inside Iran and millions more outside It. Now imagine a bunch of theocratic assholes in charge of the most powerful country in history.

Fight the urge to ignore. Get scared. Then get angry. Then fight like hell to prevent this.
The GOP has been angling for an uneducated electorate since Reagan. They want to ban books and critical thinking. If you go to college they want you saddled in debt for the rest of your life. It's about controlling the intellectuals and telling the uneducated what they want to hear. I would be willing to argue that a large portion of people who vote Republican are actively voting against their own self interest and they have no idea.