Divination

lkwalker

Re: Divination

Post by lkwalker » Tue May 31, 2011 6:54 pm

TraumaT wrote:
lkwalker wrote:
Shall I teach you the Torah while I stand on one foot?
This doesn't seem to be going very well.

I think I'll just leave you to it and admit my defeat as being too dumb to get what you are talking about.
You are far from dumb. Just a tad fixed.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue May 31, 2011 6:55 pm

TraumaT wrote:
lkwalker wrote:I'll explain it if you trust me to interpret Kant.
OK, but remember that you are talking to a very simple mind here. Explain it to me like I am a five year old.

;)
Seriously - read The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot and The Field by Lynne MacTaggart. I'd like to make them assigned reading for everyone here and then we could have some seriously interesting discussions.

I'm tired of reading the news.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Tue May 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Egg wrote:
lkwalker wrote:
Egg wrote:
lkwalker wrote:
TraumaT wrote:
lkwalker wrote:I'll explain it if you trust me to interpret Kant.
OK, but remember that you are talking to a very simple mind here. Explain it to me like I am a five year old.

;)
Shall I teach you the Torah while I stand on one foot?
I'd like to see that, even if I could only read the words (I'll take your word on the one foot thing). Go for it.
You want the Hillel or the Shamai variation?
Hey, I'm easy, whatever you feel like. But, if you're going to boil it down to a line or two, I'll take both.
Our brother, Yeshi, boiled it down to just eight rules. He was the first reformed Jew. And a pretty smart dude.

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue May 31, 2011 6:59 pm

lkwalker wrote:
Egg wrote:Hey, I'm easy, whatever you feel like. But, if you're going to boil it down to a line or two, I'll take both.
Our brother, Yeshi, boiled it down to just eight rules. He was the first reformed Jew. And a pretty smart dude.
How could he be a Reformed Jew when there was still a temple? Other than that, I agree. He was a pretty decent dude. I would have hung out with him.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Tue May 31, 2011 7:06 pm

It was the third temple actually. None of them mattered at the end of the day. It was just a succession of club houses.

Kat

Post by Kat » Tue May 31, 2011 7:10 pm

Not usually a big fan, but this was very good... especially the actual physics:

If I could get any animal it would be a dolphin. I want one bad. Me and my mom went swimming with dolphins. I was like, 'How do we get one of those?' and she was like, 'You can't get a dolphin. What are you gonna do, put it in your pool?' Miley Cyrus

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Kat wrote:Not usually a big fan, but this was very good... especially the actual physics:

Actually, I like the directors but wasn't thrilled with this movie ;)

BE, do you remember what I posted on freewill on amkon. You mentioned, where was my idea of causality - remember?

Here is an excerpt from an interview with Karl Pribram - a neuroscientist and the first proponent of the Holographic Mind model -

PRIBRAM: No, it isn't. It's a challenge, it's different. Moving toward a goal would still be causal. See, we don't even have a good language to talk about all this. It's a challenge. The whole system can reorganize on the basis of this challenge, and you never find out where the cause is. When we were talking earlier, you said, "Where does the will start?" Well, it's a challenge. The whole system does it. There isn't a start and a midst and so on, because time and space are enfolded, and therefore there's no causality.

http://twm.co.nz/pribram.htm

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Tue May 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Micah said that all that is required is to 'do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with your god. The Reformists distilled the message just that much further. Can we boil liqueur yet further? I think so.

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue May 31, 2011 7:16 pm

lkwalker wrote:It was the third temple actually. None of them mattered at the end of the day. It was just a succession of club houses.
Look at what I wrote to you in the post above. I think Pribram is right, and the idea of no causality would go along with time being an illusion or construct of the mind AND with Shakespeare -
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts..."

We're here for the conflict. The why's do not matter.

Egg

Post by Egg » Tue May 31, 2011 7:17 pm

lkwalker wrote:Micah said that all that is required is to 'do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with your god. The Reformists distilled the message just that much further. Can we boil liqueur yet further? I think so.
Sure - be kind and compassionate to your fellow creatures.