Of woman and man

lkwalker

Of woman and man

Post by lkwalker » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Is there an essential, metaphysical, eschatological independence of woman and man? Is the existential distinction between the sexes more than simply qualitative but rather essential- in the most necessary ways- rarely considered except in nominally trite allusions to 'feminine' and 'masculine' principles? Might it not be the case that, in reality, two divergent modes of being subsume these seeming principles in a way that, should they be seriously examined, reveal profoundly disturbing and irreconcilable forces at play in the cosmos? I think that is the case.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Pam
Princess Feet

Re: Of woman and man

Post by Pam » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Is the existential distinction between the sexes more than simply qualitative but rather essential- in the most necessary ways- rarely considered except in nominally trite allusions to 'feminine' and 'masculine' principles?
I think there clearly is, and I think it is for many different reasons.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:57 pm

What may be those 'many reasons?'. And what force performs the reasoning?

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:06 pm

lkwalker wrote: Might it not be the case that, in reality, two divergent modes of being subsume these seeming principles in a way that, should they be seriously examined, reveal profoundly disturbing and irreconcilable forces at play in the cosmos? I think that is the case.
In my opinion man and woman are too much alike on a basic level for that to be the case. Does the inner core of a human being, let's call it the "soul", have a gender? Can an intellect be "feminine" or "masculine"?

Personally I don't think so.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Aside from the obvious physical differences, women are the ying to mans yang.

- We think differently
- We act differently

There are more, but to me these two are the most important. They are essential to maintain balance.

Edit to add: I think women are the "teachers" and without them, man would have remained primitive.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:10 pm

Those are exactly the trite principles to which I alluded. I'm after a deeper truth here. One having to do with metaphysical necessity.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:16 pm

lkwalker wrote:Those are exactly the trite principles to which I alluded. I'm after a deeper truth here. One having to do with metaphysical necessity.

Okay, I don't see those as being trite other than physical differences, but there is definitely a stronger emotional quality in the feminine sex that the male sex doesn't have (not saying men are not emotional) and I think that without that balance, man would remain primative whether you are speaking in a real or metaphysical sense.

Almost Borg like. The female gives the male the need to fluff his feathers and think outside of the Borg.

apeci

Post by apeci » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:26 pm

I don't think sex is metaphysical. on other planets there might not be different sexes, or there might be more than two. on this planet, two sexes were a more efficient means of conserving energy in reproduction. each organism only has to provide half of its genetic material. when you only have one cell, that's a big deal.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:27 pm

lkwalker wrote:
Those are exactly the trite principles to which I alluded. I'm after a deeper truth here. One having to do with metaphysical necessity.

Okay, I don't see those as being trite other than physical differences, but there is definitely a stronger emotional quality in the feminine sex that the male sex doesn't have (not saying men are not emotional) and I think that without that balance, man would remain primative whether you are speaking in a real or metaphysical sense.

Almost Borg like. The female gives the male the need to fluff his feathers and think outside of the Borg.
Taken in that light female and male are the Borg. What I'm getting at is eschatological outcome. I'm first of all inquiring into the disturbing nature of static existence. In other words- the first principle of Telos. If it ain't dangerous and scary it ain't worth discussing. By 'trite' I mean 'trivial' and platitudinous. You know- fortune cookie stuff.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:32 pm

apeci wrote:I don't think sex is metaphysical. on other planets there might not be different sexes, or there might be more than two. on this planet, two sexes were a more efficient means of conserving energy in reproduction. each organism only has to provide half of its genetic material. when you only have one cell, that's a big deal.
No, mang. There is a deeper underlying reality. The one spoken of in Jebbie raps. The law that subsumes Phenomena. Some might call it God...