The dam breaks for gay rights

Pigeon

Re: The dam breaks for gay rights

Post by Pigeon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:10 pm

I'm a Texan, just about everyone except Jap wanna-be-cowboys has a problem with us. :)

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:17 pm

Well, it's just that you're such easy targets - the state's soooo big! ;)

I liked Austin a lot. I drove through part of Texas but I think I drove through the boring part - just remember seeing a lot of oil wells.

I did go to a rodeo which was a lot of fun. If I can find the pictures of me and my ex from that trip and scan them, I'll post them. I still have the stetson I bought at the rodeo. HA!!!!!

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:24 pm

Sounds like west Texas.

I keep hearing these wanna be politicians talking about drilling here vs foreign oil, but TX, LA, NM seemed to be drilled and the gulf of mexico. They make the east coast, some of the west, and the gulf coast of FL off limits.

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:39 pm

Pigeon wrote:Sounds like west Texas.

I keep hearing these wanna be politicians talking about drilling here vs foreign oil, but TX, LA, NM seemed to be drilled and the gulf of mexico. They make the east coast, some of the west, and the gulf coast of FL off limits.
There were two things that surprised me when I drove across country (the wester route was through the south and southwest) - the desert (which I loved) and the amount of oil wells. Yeah, seems to me that we're doing plenty of drilling.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:53 pm

That's old stuff.

Everyone wants oil and gas, no one wants it in their back yard like we have. Bunch of asshats.

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Pigeon wrote:That's old stuff.

Everyone wants oil and gas, no one wants it in their back yard like we have. Bunch of asshats.
No joke. I remember some of the wells were directly adjacent to cattle farms. It's a real eye opener.

If anyone wants to go on a cross country trip, check out New Mexico - fucking beautiful. I think I posted a pic of me here in White Sands, New Mexico. I cut my ex out of the pic as I don't know if she would be cool with me posting her picture here. She almost passed out in the desert there while we were walking around. I told her to cover her head. She's a blondie - of course, she didn't listen. I had to force her to drink Gatorade when I got her back to the car. She passed out. I got really nervous. Hahahaha!! That was an awesome trip. We slept in some treehouse hippy commune hostel in the woods in Georgia. Did a lot of odd stuff. Good times!
Still friends today.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:01 pm

We still fighting the Civil War? Thank Christ for long memories. Hahahaha
And we will be as long as there is an evil despotic central government.
Credo quia absurdum.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:03 pm

The thing I've noticed about Texas is that 80 percent of the population look remarkably like Lyndon Johnson. Other than that I have no problem with the place.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Egg

Post by Egg » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:05 pm

I wanted to see the Gulf Coast there. Always thought it must be beautiful.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:08 pm

It is nice, because it doesn't have that icky statue of liberty littering it up. (I you can hate our flag, we can hate your statue.)
Credo quia absurdum.