The Doctor is in the House. Thank you very much.

Pam
Princess Feet

Re: The Doctor is in the House. Thank you very much.

Post by Pam » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:24 pm

SweetGrass wrote:Woohoo, thanks Pigeon. Now, I can sit on the couch with Pam and BE without worrying about having an accident, like my pigtail emoticon.

:popcorn: :pam: :brunette:

Well I was worried about you because I heard that BE pulls people's pigtails when he has had a bit too much blackjack ;)

DocVelocity
Banned

Post by DocVelocity » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Pigeon wrote:Marketing and tech writers writing software. That explains some of the crappy software out in the world.
Well, we didn't DEVELOP the shit, Brainiac, but we have to work WITH both Management and IT in writing up the technical docs and marketing materials, and it IS a coordinated effort between us and the developers and the managers and directors. So, in the end, yes, we can say that we DID write the fucking thing.

What "crappy software" are you babbling about? The shit YOU use, perhaps? Hey, baby, cheap is as cheap does.

— Doc Velocity
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. — Satchel Paige (famed Negro)
http://www.amazon.com/Toxic-Reign-Recla ... 1453713379

Cartoonsyndicate

Post by Cartoonsyndicate » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Have you ever considered doing something worthwhile with your time?
"But that's no more true than saying the universe is ineluctably bound to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. In the end it's all an entropic stew but in the meantime we got some serious livin' to do." Arthur Afterburn

DocVelocity
Banned

Post by DocVelocity » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:35 pm

Pam wrote:Image
I'm glad you posted that, because that's a very good example of the translation problems we have with Chinese and Korean developers.

But, no, we're not writing for low-end products, services, and agencies.... All our clientele are HIGH-END. That means expensive, m'kay? And, no, we don't make mistakes... Except maybe posting on AmKon.

— Doc Velocity
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. — Satchel Paige (famed Negro)

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:36 pm

DocVelocity wrote: I'm glad you posted that, because that's a very good example of the translation problems we have with Chinese and Korean developers.

But, no, we're not writing for low-end products, services, and agencies.... All our clientele are HIGH-END. That means expensive, m'kay? And, no, we don't make mistakes... Except maybe posting on Amk0n.

— Doc Velocity

Hahahahahaha well I hope you don't write the furniture assembly instructions for Ikea either ;)

DocVelocity
Banned

Post by DocVelocity » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:37 pm

Cartoonsyndicate wrote:Have you ever considered doing something worthwhile with your time?
Ummm... What do you consider "worthwhile"......?

— Doc Velocity

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Well, we didn't DEVELOP the shit, Brainiac, but we have to work WITH both Management and IT in writing up the technical docs and marketing materials
That means you DID NOT write the software.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Pigeon wrote:
Well, we didn't DEVELOP the shit, Brainiac, but we have to work WITH both Management and IT in writing up the technical docs and marketing materials
Oh well, stretching the truth a bit, that is what marketing people do, isn't it?

Pana

Post by Pana » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:35 pm

PS

A warm welcome extended to Doc. Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Pana
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

-Albert Camus

DocVelocity
Banned

Post by DocVelocity » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:30 pm

Pigeon wrote:
Then we WROTE THE PRODUCT into existence. For we were describing the product to a tee before development ever produced it, okay? Do you understand that? Like, when they say Sir Arthur C. Clarke invented the telecommunications satellite — and, I mean, he is credited with that achievement — do you think it means he engineered the thing and assembled it with his own hands?

Of course not, you doofus. We utterly described the product in its every process, and our Korean elves in Development built the thing to our specifications; and, yes, we conferred with them on a daily basis, such that they did not make a move that we did not superintend.

Okay? Is that clear enough for you? Thanks for you patience as I s-p-e-l-l i-t o-u-t for you.

— Doc Velocity