Ron Paul To Bernanke: Is Gold Money?

Egg

Re: Ron Paul To Bernanke: Is Gold Money?

Post by Egg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:11 pm

Cockslap Buddha wrote: I see people as ductile and indifferent.
That's probably the quote of the year.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:12 pm

The only solution is to eliminate those who control $1 billion or more. Then as that hold on the money fragments, it will be spread around in the greed battle.

The people who get most of the money no long want to even reward all the people who helped them get it assigned to them. A CEO doesn't do all the work.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:14 pm

Pigeon wrote:The only solution is to eliminate those who control $1 billion or more. Then as that hold on the money fragments, it will be spread around in the greed battle.

The people who get most of the money no long want to even reward all the people who helped them get it assigned to them. A CEO doesn't do all the work.
I agree. It's a form of worship that people think that billionaires are entitled to everything.
Speaking of nihilism - to the billions who wonder why and what and find no answers to their questions, these are their gods.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Egg wrote:
I agree. It's a form of worship that people think that billionaires are entitled to everything.
Very true.

Happyslap Buddha

Post by Happyslap Buddha » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:21 pm

The only solution is to eliminate those who control $1 billion or more. Then as that hold on the money fragments, it will be spread around in the greed battle.
Not all our problems are caused by the rich and powerful.

The world spends over a billion dollars per day on cigarettes. All of that is voluntary and freely given, a lot of it by the poor. Another billion on booze.

Again, if we could harness just 5 per cent of that we'd be well on the way to solving a lot of basic problems.

It's not just the elite. Think of the sheer volume of money we spend on crap every day. We are to blame too.

I've got no real problem with the free market and capitalism either. I think we should have a system where hard workers are rewarded with big gains. I just want to see people on the bottom of society looked after too.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Things are by no means 'really bad' in the US today. No-one is starving. The problem is that no-one is thinking. And that's a universal problem. Do we really feel that the deep thoughts of 1.3 billion Chinese, pissing happily in their own wells, will save the all the world's polity? Does the world need to produce yet more junk? Does Norway need more jet fighters and herring paste? Or do we all need to slow down and take long walks in meadows? To love our children and absolve them of the need to play this pernicious game? What the world needs is not more useless jobs in widget factories and sprout farms but a General Strike against assholery and nonsense.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:24 pm

Cockslap Buddha wrote:
Not all our problems are caused by the rich and powerful.

The world spends over a billion dollars per day on cigarettes. All of that is voluntary and freely given, a lot of it by the poor. Another billion on booze.

Again, if we could harness just 5 per cent of that we'd be well on the way to solving a lot of basic problems.

It's not just the elite. Think of the sheer volume of money we spend on crap every day. We are to blame too.

I've got no real problem with the free market and capitalism either. I think we should have a system where hard workers are rewarded with big gains. I just want to see people on the bottom of society looked after too.
People want to get high. Look at the actions of people. All of us. We're looking for ways to get high. Some people just find healthier and more altruistic ways to do so.

Happyslap Buddha

Post by Happyslap Buddha » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:28 pm

What the world needs is not more useless jobs in widget factories and sprout farms but a General Strike against assholery and nonsense.
Eventually I think we will all stop this nonsense and go back to walks in nature, and other simple pleasures.That won't happen for a long time yet, and hollering from a corner on the internet won't do anything to change the mood of the times.

I see massive job creation in local industries as an essential part of the resurrection of Earth. There's no other way...

We're in phase one, economic stagnation under a mad plutocracy .
Phase two would be dynamism. Lots of hard work getting everyone towards a basic standard of living.
Phase three, maybe we'll rest and reflect.

We can't skip the second stage.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:29 pm

And I hope this hasn't come off as shitting on your beliefs. I'm all for them. I most certainly think everyone's entitled to a bigger piece of the pie. When I hear people say the opposite, I feel like telling them if they want true darwinism say so, some bigger person would happily oblige taking all they have from them. It's just that simple.

We're either in it together or we're not.

Pigeon

Post by Pigeon » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:30 pm

The sorry truth is that the rank and file worker is getting less while huge profits are piled up and hoarded. The people who have to sacrifice are the lower rung, not the top.