Well someone or something has to pay for

Set

Well someone or something has to pay for

Post by Set » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:33 am

killing millions of "evil" (insert your own "ism" here) foreigners who threaten America with their vast air armadas of weed whacker engine powered bombers intent on turning America into a chemical cesspit. :x
"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong". ---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Pigeon

Re: Well someone or something has to pay for

Post by Pigeon » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:41 am

Don't forget the 1980's battles in the Persian Gulf against the Evinrude navy.

Set

Post by Set » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:16 am

Pigeon wrote:Don't forget the 1980's battles in the Persian Gulf against the Evinrude navy.
...and the phantom North Vietnamese navy in the Gulf of Tonkin. One could go on ad infinitum about America's fake casus belli. Suffice to say America has staged all its foreign wars, and has made sure it never took on a military equal. Makes good military sense I suppose, but sooner or later you must end up broke and as popular as the rats under the house globally.
"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong". ---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

Set

Post by Set » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:42 am

Set wrote:killing millions of "evil" (insert your own "ism" here) foreigners who threaten America with their vast air armadas of weed whacker engine powered bombers intent on turning America into a chemical cesspit. :x
Something apropos

Egg

Post by Egg » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:17 am

Set wrote:
Set wrote:killing millions of "evil" (insert your own "ism" here) foreigners who threaten America with their vast air armadas of weed whacker engine powered bombers intent on turning America into a chemical cesspit. :x
Something apropos
Everything is born to die and even nations have a lifespan. Seems to me that when you worry so much about being attacked that you invest most of your resources into being the biggest kid on the national block, you end up doing yourself in like a fat man at an all you can eat buffet.

Good stuff, Set. Thanks, man.

Set

Post by Set » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:05 am

Egg wrote:
Set wrote:
Something apropos
Everything is born to die and even nations have a lifespan. Seems to me that when you worry so much about being attacked that you invest most of your resources into being the biggest kid on the national block, you end up doing yourself in like a fat man at an all you can eat buffet.

Good stuff, Set. Thanks, man.
Did you pick up Gonzalo Lira's mistake?
• Is this awe-inspiring military supposed to be protecting the opportunities of the people?

What opportunities?

Ask a 53-year old laid-off worker—white-collar or blue—what opportunities he has to look forward to, as he stares at the yawning chasm between 53 and 65, when he can start collecting his Social Security check.

What Social Security Check? They've even spent that on their wars that only benefit their robber baron mates!

skunk

Post by skunk » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:30 pm

We'll have social security for a few more years, there's no way in hell I'll be able to collect a check when I retire though. The wars are most surely bankrupting our country, and what do we have to show for it? "Cheap" gas prices? Millions dead? A war-torn middle east with a lot more pissed off muslims than 5 years ago?

Genius.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Kindly just keep working and paying mine. Thanks, sucker. Hahahahaha
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

Egg

Post by Egg » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:53 pm

skunk wrote:We'll have social security for a few more years, there's no way in hell I'll be able to collect a check when I retire though. The wars are most surely bankrupting our country, and what do we have to show for it? "Cheap" gas prices? Millions dead? A war-torn middle east with a lot more pissed off muslims than 5 years ago?

Genius.
The Martian also brought it to my attention that Johnson put other social programs for the elderly under social security to help pay for the war and when the war was over they left those social programs there, which crippled any chance of social security working.

All these wars seem to hurt us more than our "enemies". But, we love a war don't we?

skunk

Post by skunk » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Destroying is much easier than creating.