Kant and UFOs

lkwalker

Re: Kant and UFOs

Post by lkwalker » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Why are you studying the ones studying? The more important opinion or view would be your own.
These opinions are my own. Everything I post in the Philosophy Forum is original and generally unsupported by other philosophers. It's my gift to you.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:17 pm

Egg wrote:The philosophers helped lead science to a place where spacecraft could be manufactured.

And, when you can't afford a spaceship, philosophy can at least get you off the ground. ;)
Yeah, well, now the spacecrafts are here. We have the tools needed for space exploration. And I will never ever understand why so many Ufers seem almost completely uninterested in the actual space exploration going on right now, it's amazing stuff, every day brings us closer to the discovery of actual alien life out there.

And if I live to see the day when no more spaceships or no more space exploration can be afforded by the human race, I'll open a bottle of vodka and cry for a bit. To hell with boring philosophers.

:P

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:34 pm

every day brings us closer to the discovery of actual alien life out there.
The wait has long been over. They are here and in our faces. You don't really want to know- you want to avoid.

Egg

Post by Egg » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:36 pm

TraumaT wrote:
Egg wrote:The philosophers helped lead science to a place where spacecraft could be manufactured.

And, when you can't afford a spaceship, philosophy can at least get you off the ground. ;)
Yeah, well, now the spacecrafts are here. We have the tools needed for space exploration. And I will never ever understand why so many Ufers seem almost completely uninterested in the actual space exploration going on right now, it's amazing stuff, every day brings us closer to the discovery of actual alien life out there.

And if I live to see the day when no more spaceships or no more space exploration can be afforded by the human race, I'll open a bottle of vodka and cry for a bit. To hell with boring philosophers.

:P
Not that it actually means they saw alien life, but many astronauts confess to seeing UFOs out there.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:41 pm

lkwalker wrote:You don't really want to know- you want to avoid.
Just like Ufers don't want to know, you mean?

Musings and fairytales are so much more fun than actual science, actual discoveries, actual facts, actual knowledge! Yeah, let's avoid those boring facts and listen to another tall tale about underground alien bases or soul catchers or recovered alien technology...

Sigh.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Egg wrote:
Not that it actually means they saw alien life, but many astronauts confess to seeing UFOs out there.
Not really that many.... Who do you have in mind?

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:43 pm

fuck off

Ozfactor

Post by Ozfactor » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:45 pm

lkwalker wrote:
The wait has long been over. They are here and in our faces. You don't really want to know- you want to avoid.
Since they (aliens) are in our faces, what is it that you see? Malevolence? Inquirey? Love? Ourselves through their eyes?
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesman and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do.
Emerson

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:45 pm

lkwalker wrote:fuck off
OK.

:broken:

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Ozfactor wrote:
lkwalker wrote:
Since they (aliens) are in our faces, what is it that you see? Malevolence? Inquirey? Love? Ourselves through their eyes?
A bit of searching is all that's required to uncover my ideas on the subject. I'll be arsed to repeat it in every fucking thread. Know what I mean?