Do ETs exist

TraumaT

Re: FDA finds U.S. drug research firm faked documents

Post by TraumaT » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:44 pm

Pigeon wrote:Time to split this into an ET thread.
Damn, we were doing so well in making this a Unithread! I was gonna bring up some random sport or something next.

Dr Exile

Post by Dr Exile » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:35 am

New pill made from Pam's old shoes cures common cold, but outlawed by FDA insiders who are zombies of alien masons.
Credo quia absurdum.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Dr Exile wrote:New pill made from Pam's old shoes cures common cold, but outlawed by FDA insiders who are zombies of alien masons.

It is all the Zinc that I take, it sweats out of my princess feet. Good thing I have lots of shoes, I want to cure the world!

IndicusMaximus

Re: Do ET exist

Post by IndicusMaximus » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:26 pm

Oh there are penty of intelligent beings out there and right around us, as well.

The reason we do not readily see them is because modernized society has an almost iron-like grip on the processes by which we perceive reality. If you make a certain generalized point of view critical for survival, you become the master of reality. Anything outside the ESTABLISHED view of consensus reality is then met with great fear and confusion, and therefore any "alien (or unknown) experience" will be rejected instinctually by an overwhelming majority.

We're a very multi-faceted, multi-tiered, multi-dimensional being... and it gives the few who use this understanding against the many untold amounts of power to shackle our potential. We literally are like batteries when we're shackled this way.

You don't know how depressing and completely enslaving our generalized understanding of human existence is until you've tasted otherwise.

I think that this may be the cause of my depression. To know that I have become trapped in a death mask, walking among the land of the dead... it is not a joyful feeling.0

To have tasted the space free of the weight of death and hate, and the friends (and some enemies) that live outside the confines of the civilized mind.... and to come back and live in lies behind shameful lives with ones who despise not being deprived of the heights of their skies, if there are not tears in our eyes to be shed every second we sleep in our bed of death and dread, then the happiness sold by ghouls and ghosts has entirely infected your viced down head. Laughter is reserved only for those who have exposed and exorcized their souls out from their shell which was buried in Hell all those aeons ago by jealous Brothers and Sisters of old.

The aliens are our Brothers and Sisters who disapproved of the move made by those jeaous youths. Let them come and visit us in our room, and hopefully they will exhume us from our tomb, back out into the Mythic womb of heaven, so we can resume our rightful place... On the Moutain With God.

Black is blue and cats are dogs and thoughts are made of lincoln logs... at least, that's what the Old Man said.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they will see God.

Under the shadow of thy wings, Jehovah.

IndicusMaximus

Post by IndicusMaximus » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Moreover, it's interesting...

When I've experienced those moments of freedom, I've come into this sense that I'm not here alone, but I'm here with a number of good old friends, and there's only the overwhelmingly heavy illusion of loneliness which is one of the key components of this mechanism of reality control which has been installed at some point by some crooked Order of men. If you feel alone, and you experience these brief bits of clarity, when you come back into the "normal" state of mind, it's almost as if those moments never happened... and even moreso, the impressions that ARE left by those moments alienate you even more.

What if we discovered our kin who were incarnated here with us? What if we followed the impressions our visions have given us and discovered that we are not nearly alone, but that we are individual pieces of LEGIONS of men who all have the same vision?

What if extraterrestrials found us because they followed their visions and ended up here, communicating only to certain men and women during their moments of clarity? What if the purpose of these visitations is to introduce us to our true families both here on Earth and out there in the unknown depths of space?

If we found our proper fellowships, we could reclaim our true heritage much more effectively than if we traveled completely alone. I don't think we can do this alone, any of us. That goes for humanity as a whole. I don't think we can move forward until we find our vision and have faith in following it.

Until we do, I am overwhelmed with sadness because I don't know if it's a guaranteed thing anymore. It seems that those who have cut us away from our potential have done so with great precision, and we might end up destroying ourselves because of the hate with which we are pinned down by.

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:45 pm

If we found our proper fellowships, we could reclaim our true heritage much more effectively than if we traveled completely alone. I don't think we can do this alone, any of us.

What this are we doing, Indiee?

IndicusMaximus

Post by IndicusMaximus » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:53 pm

I think we're trying to get back to where we once belonged.

We've been here for a long time and we can't continue much longer until we get back the understanding of our heritage.

It's all very mysterious to me still, but what adds to the mystery are the visions, the certain chance meetings, and the hushed whispers...

Who am I, and who am I here with, and what are we doing here together?

Egg

Post by Egg » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:05 pm

I think the human mind cannot figure these things out. You have a sharp and inqusitive mind so you think that you will eventually. You won't. Not with it. I think you should give it a rest. I mean it. I've done it. It's not worth the time after awhile. It's good to contemplate, and we shouldn't shy away from pain sometimes, but we should know when to cool it. I don't mean that you should become some smiley happy machine either. Just give yourself a break. I think you're right. We're not at our home base. But, I think we'll just go back there when we're done here. In the meantime, experience whatever here has to offer. Yes, quite a bit of that experience is just tedious. I ain't denying it.

Mungodave

Re: Do ETs exist

Post by Mungodave » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:58 pm

Who am I, and who am I here with, and what are we doing here together?

Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.
Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.

Old man look at my life,
Twenty four
and there's so much more
Live alone in a paradise
That makes me think of two.

Love lost, such a cost,
Give me things
that don't get lost.
Like a coin that won't get tossed
Rolling home to you.

Old man take a look at my life
I'm a lot like you
I need someone to love me
the whole day through
Ah, one look in my eyes
and you can tell that's true.

Lullabies, look in your eyes,
Run around the same old town.
Doesn't mean that much to me
To mean that much to you.

I've been first and last
Look at how the time goes past.
But I'm all alone at last.
Rolling home to you.

Old man take a look at my life
I'm a lot like you
I need someone to love me
the whole day through
Ah, one look in my eyes
and you can tell that's true.

Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.
Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.

lkwalker

Re: Do ETs exist

Post by lkwalker » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:57 pm

On the futility of knowledge
Reposted here from Ufer threads since Philosophy has no thread of its own:

The 'what the fuck was that?' question is the operative general question. Three question follow by logical extension and form the impetus for the entire field of speculation.

1. Where do they come from?
2. How did they get here? and-
3. What do they want?

The entirety of the vast body of Ufer literature is devoted- depending on the relative ambition of the author- to answering one or more of those three questions. It's interesting that those very same queries also form the basis of all Philosophical, Metaphysical and Scientific investigation regarding the nature of existence per se.

Drake's Equation and Fermi's paradox are typical of the concomitant blending of the fields. Both beg the largest of questions and demonstrate the futility of scientific method regarding a cohesive theory- the answer to the questions they pose. And why? Because both are based in presuppositions that are themselves unproven. It's the nature of presuppositions to be assumptions derived from anecdotal data. That's actually the contradiction that lies at the heart of all Ontological hypothesis and it necessarily substitutes 'belief' for 'proof' as the foundation of Theory. Such is the nature of human endeavor to provide a proof of any existents beyond the brackets of Logic and is the reason that rationalists insist that logic does not apply to the 'real world' except by the (tenuous) extrapolation of analogy.

So this is the Epistemological dilemma in a nutshell: Every speculation concerning existence is ultimately founded in nothing more 'proven' than a leap of faith. Why should the study of Ufology escape conformity to this universal conundrum?

Does all of this mean that, despite the contradictions and the futility, that the questions ought not be even asked in the first place? Certainly there are those who would say precisely that- that adherence to rational skepticism precludes flights of imaginative speculation. I'm not among them for one simple reason- a simple choice, really- a choice to be curious about the mind of God.
General Striker 2009
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi