Do ETs exist

TraumaT

Re: Do ETs exist

Post by TraumaT » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:35 am

lkwalker wrote:
One day science may venture far, far beyound the "absurd". So much to learn and discover still.
How about you?
I learn and discover things all the time. Even though I prefer to operate in reality without smoking 'em.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:39 am

lkwalker wrote:Scientists without conscience are the most dangerous people on earth.
Every human being without conscience is dangerous.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:01 am

Dr Exile wrote:
Science, filling the void for the godless.
Excellent. So much better than filling that void with mindless hypocrisy like most religious people do.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:58 pm

Your faith in science exhibits the same religious fervor to which you claim to object. It should be enough to realize that the Shoah was allowed by that very principle- a dispassionate application of the science of eugenics, all in the interests if improving the world. Science and religion are the flip sides of the same coin. The problem ensues when the two magically combine- ultimately resulting in the Borg principle. Better to embrace a bit of true Luddite skepticism: 'Consider everything, believe nothing.'

The preceding brought to you curtesy of the LLF (Luddite Liberation Front) General Striker and Dr Exile presiding
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:46 pm

lkwalker wrote:Your faith in science exhibits the same religious fervor to which you claim to object. It should be enough to realize that the Shoah was allowed by that very principle- a dispassionate application of the science of eugenics, all in the interests if improving the world.
Yeah. This is exactly the time to talk to me about the Shoah.

And when all else fail, just put the Nazi card on the table, eh? Hahahaha.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:53 pm

Shoah is a religio-scientific principle rather than a historic aberration. It doesn't belong just to Nazism.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:58 pm

lkwalker wrote:Shoah is a religio-scientific principle rather than a historic aberration. It doesn't belong just to Nazism.
It belongs VERY much to Nazism and Neo-Nazism. How dare you imply that share or approve of ANY part of that sick ideology.

Use your head.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:05 pm

I never implied any such thing. Please learn the art of bracketing. Everything is not about you. My point is that faith in science is a double edged sword. Beware of unintended consequences.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:10 pm

lkwalker wrote:I never implied any such thing. Please learn the art of bracketing. Everything is not about you. My point is that faith in science is a double edged sword. Beware of unintended consequences.
You talked directly to me. You talked about my "faith" in science, remember, and the jumped almost directly to the Shoah.

Have some backbone and stand by your words. You took a cheap and extremely distasteful shot at me, and do not pretend otherwise.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:13 pm

In a word: fuck you.