From the Malthusian Garrote to the Gatesian Borg...

TraumaT

Re: From the Malthusian Garrote to the Gatesian Borg...

Post by TraumaT » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:31 pm

lkwalker wrote:No. It cannot be both. It is either endemic or it's not.
I have no idea what you mean by that. I am an idiot, remember.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:33 pm

Here is the essence of the Nazi premise: First deleterious elements of society must be scientifically identified. Second they must be suppressed. And third they must be excised from the collective body of humanity.
"If you don't think to good, don't think too much." Yogi

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:39 pm

lkwalker wrote:Here is the essence of the Nazi premise: First deleterious elements of society must be scientifically identified. Second they must be suppressed. And third they must be excised from the collective body of humanity.
So science is responisble for what the Nazis did and the Neo-Nazis do today?

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:50 pm

In the best interests of Unithreadianism I offer you this:

Science and religion are the flip sides of the same coin. The problem ensues when the two magically combine- ultimately resulting in the Borg principle. Better to embrace a bit of true Luddite skepticism: 'Consider everything, believe nothing.'

The preceding brought to you curtesy of the LLF (Luddite Liberation Front) General Striker and Dr Exile presiding

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:54 pm

lkwalker wrote:In the best interests of Unithreadianism I offer you this:

Science and religion are the flip sides of the same coin. The problem ensues when the two magically combine- ultimately resulting in the Borg principle. Better to embrace a bit of true Luddite skepticism: 'Consider everything, believe nothing.'

The preceding brought to you curtesy of the LLF (Luddite Liberation Front) General Striker and Dr Exile presiding

I consider everything and believe in facts. And love. Works for me.

lkwalker

Post by lkwalker » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:58 pm

TraumaT wrote:

Once more, let me repeat (and this is becoming a tedious exercise) this is not about you, Pam.

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:04 pm

lkwalker wrote:
TraumaT wrote:

Once more, let me repeat (and this is becoming a tedious exercise) this is not about you, Pam.
Who the hell are you talking to? And if you really do not want people to comment on your posts, why don't you just start a blog without a comment section? Seems to me this is all about YOU wanting to hear your own voice. And your own voice only.

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:20 pm

lkwalker wrote:
TraumaT wrote:

Hahahahahahaha...... that was a low blow BE!

TraumaT

Post by TraumaT » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:25 pm

Pam wrote:

Hahahahahahaha...... that was a low blow BE!
Careful now, Pam, I don't think people on our level are allowed to comment on this thread filled with the thoughts of a genius.

:mrgreen:

Pam
Princess Feet

Post by Pam » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:30 pm

Hahahahah.... my Dad was genious IQ and so is my oldest brother, BE is a just a wannabe ;)

When my Dad and Brother explained things to me, they always made sense. A true genious is a good teacher.

At least I will happily admit I am not a genious, by any means. Sometimes I think I am much better off this way.